Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/4/2006 8:05:32 PM EDT
As the SAM5's are hard to get, I have 2 NIB/unfired ban SAM5's and that have the pressed on flash hiders with all the original accessories in original box!
question is will these be collectible as time goes on or will people just look for the no-ban ones instead?!
and are thet going to make it again?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#1]
If enough consumers write or call Arsenal Inc. and express their desire to own a SA M-5, perhaps the company will take another look at production.  It's all "supply and demand."  

As far as no-ban vs. ban, I think it makes a difference.  I certainly would opt for no-ban, but I live in a very "free" state.  The ability to change muzzle devices and add a bayonet appeals to me.  However, given the demand for SA M-5s at the present time, I really don't think it matters that much to the general aficionado who wants one.  

Bud
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats kind of what I was thinking, but you never know about the views of others and how they think!
I guess if I wanted I could change these to a no-ban rifle, if I only knew where to get the goods!!
or maybe they would be better left alone and unmolested! ?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
spaceghost,

I'd just leave them alone in the condition they were purchased in.  I'm not sure if the muzzle is threaded below the perm. attached brake, but the brake could be removed by a good 'smith and the muzzle threaded.  Then there's the gas block...which would have to be replaced to accomodate the bayonet lug.  If you can do the work yourself, I don't see a problem.  However, good 'smiths are expensive.    
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#4]
spaceghost two is one to many..... SELL ME ONE NOW!!!!
no really
Travis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
A good smith can remove the blind pins that are silver-soldered into the brake and barrel threads, and then re-thread them for a fairly small charge.  The guy I talked to said $40 for everything...

AC
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
spaceghost two is one to many..... SELL ME ONE NOW!!!!
no really
Travis
[email protected]

You want my OD green SAM5 or my black SAM5? LOL!!!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Having the preban / no ban features is the main reason i picked up two of the 5 series rifles.  Having a rifle that is a close as the military issue is give me goose bumps and adds a special flavor for the collection or added benifit when you decide to sell the item.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It is kind of hard and costly to make a post-ban look like a no-ban...

AC

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Jeff,

Did you end up getting the Kreb's Custom brake?

Looks great!  

Bud
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top