Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/27/2003 8:30:58 PM EDT
i have a mak90 and ordered a pin on brake for it. are they secure when pinned on ? any tips for install. thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have found that sometimes the pins are slightly oversizd and a good squeee with the plyers helps.

They are nowhere enar as effective as the oem breaks, but I have had several, and they do help. I would say they take up about 25% of the recoil.

Just remember to remove it from time to time for cleaning or everything turns green.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#2]
would a screw on with an adapter be a better choice?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I had two of these.  One came with a roll pin that was worthless, the other came with a  solid steel pin and once I tapped it in it seemed a straight and solid mount.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top