Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 6:00:30 PM EDT
Lets say you were putting together 3 separate packages with 2 Russian AKM's and 1 Russian AKMS and all the accessories. You acquired 6 sets of mags (3 mags and a pouch per set). 1 Tula bakelite, 2 Izshvesk bakelite, and 3 Izshvesk steel ribbed. How would you group them with the rifles? (A) 1 bakelite and 1 steel with each. (B) 1 Tula, 2 Izshvesk, and 3 Izshvesk steel. (C)1 Tula and 1 Izshvesk steel, 2 Izshvesk bakelite, 2 Izshvesk steel. Man, all this is hurting my brain!!! Someone please help!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:25:22 PM EDT
D) Ten loaded el cheapo East German steel mags and bayonet in a Russian Pioneer chest rig per rifle
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:27:26 PM EDT
Eany-Meany-Miney......................Hey MO!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:43:11 AM EDT
I'm no expert or nothing, but as long as the magazines work, why should it matter which gun(s) they are used with?

I'm not being sarcastic or nothing, it's just that for me personally, as long as the magazines function flawlessly in any given gun I will use 'em.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:45:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Atreides:
I'm no expert or nothing, but as long as the magazines work, why should it matter which gun(s) they are used with?

I'm not being sarcastic or nothing, it's just that for me personally, as long as the magazines function flawlessly in any given gun I will use 'em.

Some people (like myself) fall into the collector's catagory and want to have all the the correct accessories.

The type of mags and by who would depend on what year and factory your kits (or what you modified the rifle to look like)were. For example, a 1977 Izhmash AKMS would have 3 Izhmash bakalite mags.

If it was just a generic Russian AKM that you just put together using a Hungarian SA-85 and Russian stock set, then I would just make sure to use the same type of mag and factory for each.

Not sure exactly when the bakelite mags came into use, but I think it was the late 60s, early 70s. Also remember that there are three variations of them, depending on when they were made...
Top Top