Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:05:11 PM EDT
anyone have any experiance with this ammo good/bad?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I never shot the Olympic rifle ammo.  I have used their pistol ammo and it was crappy at best.  I used it in pistols and a FA UZI.  The UZI ran noticably slower with the Olympic than Wolf and every other ammo I tried.  The Olympic brass is cheap and comes apart easily.  The brass flakes got into the firing pin hole of my Hi-Power and caused it to fail after just a few rounds.  I had to clean a lot of junk out of the gun.  I still have 2,000 rds of the crap and will not buy anymore no matter how cheap it is.  I will use Wolf or anything else instead.

Ron
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
ya my g19 had problems with there 9mm, hard primers. but i'm wondering if there 7.62x39 is ok, i found a source, its more $ than wolf but there brass is reloadable, if i can load it 3-4 times after shoothing i might buy some. its alot cheaper than domestic reloadable ammo but if the brass sucks i'll pass on it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a bunch when gander mountian was clearancing it out for $4 a box of 40rds. It seems to shoot ok, i havnt had any duds with it. I had one where the primer was pressed in sideways so pay attention when you load your mags.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ya my g19 had problems with there 9mm, hard primers. but i'm wondering if there 7.62x39 is ok, i found a source, its more $ than wolf but there brass is reloadable, if i can load it 3-4 times after shoothing i might buy some. its alot cheaper than domestic reloadable ammo but if the brass sucks i'll pass on it.

You don't wanna be reloading that brass.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:49:01 AM EDT
[#5]
clubsoda is correct.  Do not be reloading that brass.  If their rifle brass is as crappy as their pistol brass that would not be good at rifle pressures.

Ron
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#6]
500 rds. through my wasr and 200 through yugo sks no problems. just inspect the rounds b4 loading.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#7]
is there 7.62x39 brass is that bad? does it split or spit out primers? thanks guy's, much appericiated.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know about 7.62x39 but I tried their .223 in an AR and will NEVER use Olympic again.

I had blown primers and cases with headspace problems: the case shoulders were not consistant. I sectioned their brass and it's thin, too thin for me to even think about reloading.

If I had nothing else, I would shoot some but I won't buy any of the Olympic stuff.

Terry in NC
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
7.62X39 BAD!hangfire
After I use it up, I'm never buying anymore.Tony
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
oops
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]
well thats to bad, glad i checked here before buying, thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I got it when it was on sale for $4 for 40 rounds.  Such a great deal.  Haven't had a problem with my SAR 1 and my Yugo SKS.  I saved the brass too for reloads.  Its brass cased and manufactured quite well.  I have heard Greek manufactured ammo is very reliable.  

I dunno if its worth the price though their selling it for now.  
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top