Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/30/2006 3:03:42 AM EST
i am extremely new to the AK, have several handguns, but i just bought a Romania WARS10/63 used, its very well "loved". i have two banana clips for it but when in the gun the clips "wiggle", there not loaded but im pretty sure this isnt a good thing. also the muzzle, end of the barrel has been chipped off( i can provide pics if necessary) what do i need to get to replace it? any links? would a gunsmith be able to fix these problems for a resonable price?
thanx
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:10:17 AM EST
I've never owned a WASR, but I think folks who do are going to tell you mag wobble is normal and don't worry about it as long as the bee-otch runs.

You should post pics of that barrel, though.

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:11:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2006 5:27:29 AM EST by dixiedawg]
oops, double tap

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:06:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2006 4:07:32 AM EST by Morning_Wood]
Just how much of the muzzle has been "chipped off". If enough to make the barrel less than 16", you are in possesion of an illegal weapon.

IB the banana clip patrol.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:13:09 AM EST
im tryin to think how to describe it since i cant post pics till tonight, but the very end of the barrel has what i would compare to a angle cut out like connecting an angled bar to a rollcage in a car. no more than half of an inch. does that help?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:24:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By xtrmsdimemdh:
im tryin to think how to describe it since i cant post pics till tonight, but the very end of the barrel has what i would compare to a angle cut out like connecting an angled bar to a rollcage in a car. no more than half of an inch. does that help?

So, it angles down at about a 45 degree or so?? Does it wiggle at all if you mess with it? What is sounds like is that you have a "No-ban" WASR with a little wobbly mag well (pretty common), and a standard slant-cut compensator. Take a look in the pic thread and check if you see a lot of other rifles that look like yours on the front end.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 5:52:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By dar48:

So, it angles down at about a 45 degree or so?? Does it wiggle at all if you mess with it? What is sounds like is that you have a "No-ban" WASR with a little wobbly mag well (pretty common), and a standard slant-cut compensator. Take a look in the pic thread and check if you see a lot of other rifles that look like yours on the front end.

+1, sounds like you're set to shoot. Load up those "banana clips" and have fun! But check the pictures first. Does the end of the barrel look like this? Is the front site on there?

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:05:46 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:06:16 AM EST
My east german mags wobble a bit in my SAM7. The bulgarian waffles not so much.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:10:54 AM EST
yes, thats how the end of the barrel looks on mine as well, angled cut, not as extreme as the one in the pic thou. thanx for the positive replies and help, some sites castrate you for askin simple "dumb" questions but u guys are awesome. thanx for the welcome, i hope i will learn more as im here.
is there any mags i can get that dont wobble, or any kind of modification i can make to eliminate it?
thanx
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:51:19 AM EST

yes, thats how the end of the barrel looks on mine as well, angled cut, not as extreme as the one in the pic thou. thanx for the positive replies and help, some sites castrate you for askin simple "dumb" questions but u guys are awesome. thanx for the welcome, i hope i will learn more as im here.
is there any mags i can get that dont wobble, or any kind of modification i can make to eliminate it?
thanx

I'm honestly surprised you didn't have ten assholes jump on your for saying "clips" in your first post. Don't give arfcom too much credit for being a "nice" forum. We have plenty of guys who jump on newbs and give them a hard time. That said, feel free to ask lots of questions and just tune them out. There are plenty of friendly folks here as well that enjoy helping out the new guys turn to the darkside. Welcome!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:34:43 AM EST

Hungarian steel 20 rounders fit a little tighter in my AKs, but generally speaking--don't worry about it unless it affects function. If you're really worried, try a bunch of magazines, some will fit tighter than others. I wouldn't modify the rifle to try to remedy it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 10:42:41 AM EST
Try 1 or 2 chinese mags.........should solve the wiggle problem.

A Plastic/Poly type mag(as stated above) should also fix the problem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:02:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/30/2006 11:04:47 AM EST by Chris_1522]
As for the mags, that's somewhat normal for WASRs and like others have said, if it runs, it runs.

The end of your barrel is a "slant break" and it's supposed to be like that. In fact, your barrel is complete, the slant break just screws on.

Also, the correct term is "magazine". Some people joke about people who call them clips. People who have been around guns a long time should know better, but you're new so anyone who gives you a hard time is just joking or being a prick.

Have fun. You'll find the dark side very addictive.....
Top Top