Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 8/19/2012 1:38:39 PM EDT
hey guys, i usually only dabble in AR's but i'm finally getting my first AK.  Basically i want a bone stock AK that won't let me down... i know pretty much all AK will shoot and cycle but from being in the AR world for so long i don't want junk.  I definately have plans to either buy a good arsenal or build a solid AK for myself later on down the road, but currently i have too many projects to start that now, nor do i have the funds currently to spend the money on a good AK  that i would want.  

I have a lot of saved up 7.62x39 that i have gotten through good deals and i want to start shooting it.  So the end state is a decent AK as cheap as possible that i can carry around anywhere and it will shoot what i want.  not putting optics on it, not changing barrels or accessories. that will come later with my experimentation of building AK's. to put it in other words, if i wanted to do the same thing with a .22 rifle i would buy a bone stock ruger 10/22 and put it in the back of my truck.  i can currently get a WASR-10 double stack for $430.  Don't know much about the origins of AK's, read up a little on the reference page, but like i said i have not taken on the task of engulfing myself in the AK world yet. just need some input for now.  Anyways is the WASR worth it for a first AK? thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:50:31 PM EDT
The WASR should meet your needs just fine.    The price seems good too.    They have been up and down but now seem to be stay a little on the higher price side.   Another consideration is the builder.   Some do a better job than others.    I have a couple of CAI and they look and run fine.   Other people say to stay away from CAI.

I'dbuy it for the price you mentioned in the OP.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:50:36 PM EDT
I got a wasr 10-63 awhile back and have been really happy with it.  If you go this route, just look into what to look for/look out for, and it should do you just fine.  I was suprised how accurate mine was after reading all the "throw it in the garbage can" shit.  It really shoots pretty good.  I also enjoyed refinishing the wood furniture on it, it was a fun project that turned out lookn good.  Price is right, do it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:50:16 PM EDT
well, as most of us do here on this site i have been shopping non-stop since i decided to get an AK...and now i'm lookin at the russian VEPR, which i think every one can admit is pretty awesome.  and it's hell of a lot nicer material and strength wise, and has a good look to it.  So for $280 more i could get that...oh decisions, decisions.
Top Top