Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 10:52:42 AM EDT
found out today that my wife has bought me a  $400 gift check for my local gun dealer ...it is for an AK-47 ...that much i know...i have seen and shot the vector but i am just now hearing of the century...my dealer just took a 4 hour tour of century and their bonded warehouse...he said that the century underfolder looked much better in quality than their regular ak's...is the vector worth the extra $200 bucks ...if so i have to trade in a gun ...and i feel that would be counter-productive to efforts i have made to get as many guns as i can ...mind you this is going to be a gun that gets light use.. and not one i will ever sell or trade...thank you for your input ...chris
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not personally seen the new yugo underfolder Century is offering.  I own a Vector fixed stock, and a friend of mine owns two of their underfolders.  Vector's quality is impeccable!!  They also come with a five year warranty.  Only you can decide if the gun is "worth" $200 more.  I personally plan on owning one of each.  for what it is worth, I love my Vector!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]

BTT
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
if you get a Vector..you have NO WORRIES, as it will function 100%..and if you have problems, it comes with a 5 year warrenty (I think its 5..)....

I loved my Vector

Would I spend over $500 on ANY AK47..probally not, not now at least......on a AK74 yes....thats just me.

My Vector was $450 shipped 2 years ago, prices have gone up on them lately....
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a Century underfolder tonight.  I have handled the Vector and it is nice, but to me it wasn't worth the extra $200.  I really like all the features on the Yugos, so maybe I am a tad biased.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
or try arsenal usa. jimmy streetman stands by his products. If there's something wrong, he'll fix it IMMEDIATELY! Quality is on par with vector arms.

www.globaltrades.com/ssr-85c1.html

ETA: I also LOVE the arsenal receivers. very snug fit for magazines. =]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:03:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Vector.  The Century Yugo's dont' have chrome lined barrels.  If you're out in the elements for any amount of time without caring for the firearms you'll have a nice rusty barrel.  Look at all of the Yugo kits coming in.  "Dark Bores" means rusted...  Yes the Century Underfolders have new barrels, but the same thing will eventually happen.  For most of us paper killers that go to the range once a month to fire a few rounds off it would be fine, but for SHTF or anything serious, the chrome lining in the Vector makes it worth it...at least to me. YMMV...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:24:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Without a doubt: VECTOR.  Their customer service is outstanding.  2 years ago I got a NIB Vector UZI SMG and have had Vector do some mods, incl. set-up for FA .22 kit, repark, etc... they have done everything on time and under budget.  I picked this Polish UF @ the SAR Show for $500 out-the-door. (Bayo was $30 extra!)

ETA: Sling (from Vector) was $7 extra.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
While I havent handled either, the Century one seems like a better deal on paper. I think you get a bayo, and 2 mags with it. Dont worry about the non chrome lined bore, unless you plan on buying corrosive ammo it wont be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#11]
thank you very much guys....sorry i have not been up to date on this post both my kids are in the hospital at the same time with different illness....well i have found you're posts in a majority for the vector...i will probably do the upgrade unless the century makes a good impression when i handle it back to back with the vector...i called my dealer and he is getting a century underfolder this week so i had him hold it for me so i could make my choice....thank you again...chris
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top