Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/4/2004 8:01:46 PM EST
Here is the problem. I recently put a Bulgarian threaded front site on my Romanian SAR3. Right off the bat I noticed the difference in barrel diameter between the Bulgy and the Romanian. So to fix this I attached the '74 brake to the front site and pushed it as far back as I could on the barrel and marked the spot on the barrel. Then with my dremel I cut notches on the barrel for the front site pins. Now it looks like a snub nose rifle you see on Gunbroker.com. The problem still lies in the muzzle diameter. I still have a little play in the site block. I don't want to have to spot weld above the threads to the barrel. The barrel sits right up against the side cut-outs on the brake. This kind of set up covers up my previous dremel mess ups. So I thought I could just buy a new barrel from K-Varcorp, have it threaded (if the ban dies, knock on wood) and just install a regular site block and parts for a brake. Will this work and who can do it and how much?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:09:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:40:03 AM EST
K-var is selling Romainan FSB.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:58:17 AM EST
It sounds like it would be cheaper to use a shim, a piece of thin steel tubing, or possibly brass, slipped between the brake and barrel to tighten it up, and anchor it in with high temp silver solder-that would be much cheaper than a new barrel-
good luck
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:13:26 PM EST
Thanks for the suggestions, any more out there?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:38:21 PM EST
I tried the ol' shim and solder trick. So far I've got a real nice fit. I just have to see if it can hold up to being fired.
Top Top