Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/2/2003 5:30:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#1]
CAMPY.....thanks, I see you're the mod over there. do you work at all
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Just what we need, another AK board with sane(at least semi) members.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I went over and signed up, Jen runs a tight but fair ship and with my 2 Ak's I will be using the sight.
Thanks Campy for pointing it out.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh great, another forum to feed my new AK addiction
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m with M4arc, I don’t need anymore fuel for the ole AK fire. I’m pickin them up as fast as I can, I got bills to pay too ya know.

All the same, it is a good looking board, thanks Jen.

-J
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Robert:  We do value your input and the software glitch that prevented you from posting certainly wasn't a reflection on you or our professionalism and we more than welcome your response.  

We have had known issues with AOL and cookies and board logins sticking.  If you aren't browsing the board using cookies AOL will cause you to log out by resetting your session every time you change the page.  This makes you logout even if you just logged in.  We've been trying to find a solution to this problem, but as of yet nothing has surfaced other than using cookies or an ISP other than AOL.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Robert,

I feel your frustration when spending valuable time typing a response to any given post....

I have "lost" many a responses because of my laptop "touchpad" and it's very aggravating.

Hang in there and remember, "good writing is re-writing"

Jen, thanks for the wonderful board over there.  AK Files has a very bright future!!

Krinkfreak
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I went there, signed up, got the email, signed-on, and found a post asking a magazine question right up my alley on the VEPR.

I typed an extensive post during my lunch hour. When I submited it I got the you are not signed-in screen. I tried but it now says I am not an authorised user and it lost my 30 minute to write post!

What a waste of my time. It is unprofessional compared to AR15 and I won't be going back. When their questions don't get answered newbies will leave.

Robert

Edited to remove swearing after I calmed down some.

Robert,

Do you use AOL?  I run a forum for my cycling team and I've had several issues with AOL users.

Jen, I finally updated my forum to 2.0.6 and it solved all my AOL problems.

HTH - Marc
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Robert,

I feel your frustration when spending valuable time typing a response to any given post....

I have "lost" many a responses because of my laptop "touchpad" and it's very aggravating.

OOOOHHHH!!!  

My last laptop did that to me all the time.  No way to disable the touchpad (I use an external trackball...) in the BIOS of this particular model (Gateway Solo 9300)

Work upgraded me to a different laptop (Gateway Solo 9500) and I had almost finished typing a gigantic post into another website when my thumb tagged the pad - it highlighted the majority of my text, and I typed over it, deleting it.

AND WEBFORMS DON'T HAVE A FREAKIN' "UNDO" BUTTON!!!!  

Luckily, for this laptop and it's touchpad (I was about ready to disassemble it and chop the wires for the pad), the BIOS has a disable feature.

Apparently enough people complained about that one...
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Krinkfreak

So is that what they're calling it nowadays?

Seriously ... get opera ... it fixes all those problems
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
www.akfiles.com/forums/

jen, of the falfiles board, has got her ak board up and running (like we need yet another place to waste time at?!?!?!).

stop by and say hello.

please direct any aknutz refugee overflow their way! heheheh!

seriously, jen runs a nice board and i'm sure there will be plenty of good folks over there.

I like falfiles, but how many boards do we need ?
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Robert: Thanks, message received.

I assume at this point you are no longer on the same machine as the earlier attempt today?

Since you logged out, go try to log in again and post a response to the support thread from earlier.  Let's see if it's still working or not.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top