Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/27/2004 12:55:51 PM EDT
I am noticing the barrel on my mak-90 is slightly bent  hinking.gif how hard is it to replace the barrel/trunnion
or is my rifile ruined? Any help would be apperciated.
-Nathanael-
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Campybob thanks for the info I went to their web site but now barrels listed just the trunion barrel is truly bent slight curve to the right runs ok but can't hit anything unless i aim to the leftherThanks
-Nathanael-
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
OK what the scoop....  How did it get bent...?? Was it NIB???? Where does the bend start on the barrel.....????? Even thought it shoots way the one side or the other , doesn't mean it bent... There are several factors invovled, as Campy stated..... Give us alittle more info..Maybe we can help you....Figure it out anyhow...... Good Luck WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I sold a guy a SAR-1 once.  He had never owned an AK before and couldn't find the time to go out and shoot this gun for 6 months.  I had shot it before and never had a problem with it.  He came back and started running his mouth to people about how I had sold him this defective gun with a bent barrel.  I explained to him that nothing was wrong with the gun, it is an optical illusion that the barrel was bent.  I told him I would take it to a gunsmith and have him check it out and shoot it and the guy just stonewalled me. He just kept bad mouthing me to everyone and a deal I had to sell an AR-15 to someone else fell through and it still comes up with people from time to time.  I even went up to him with the cash in hand to buy the gun back for what he paid for it and he threatened me so I left with my money.

To make a long story short, a year later he takes the gun to the gunsmith I recommended originally   and gets the gun back a few days later.   The gunsmith had never fired an AK before, he took it to a range and had some guys familiarize him with the gun,  and shot several silver dollar size groups with the rifle at 100 yds.  (The gunsmith is a longtime competitive shooter.)  The gunsmith returns the gun and tells the guy there is nothing wrong with the gun.   The gunsmith's son tells the guy he owes me an apology for bad mouthing me to everyone for selling him a gun with a bent barrel.  Never apologizes.  Just makes a statement to me several weeks later about he guesses the rifle didn't have a bent barrel.  I offer him what he paid for the gun several times and he won't return it to me.  

Stories about bent barrels on AK's piss me the f**k off.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
intresting story behind this one it was in a house fire .In a gun safe it fell through 2nd story floor and upper story collasped big dent in safe. The rifle next to it was a p14 enfield barrel bent 30 degrees about 7 inches from muzzle .Ak looked fine until close scunity barrel slowly bends to the right wish i new how to post pics would be easier  gun functions fine but prints 1 inch to the right at 25 Y  3 inchs at 50 Y  and about 7 inchs at 100 Y. groups just fine just annoying.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#6]
www.polytechparts.com should have a Chinese replacement barrel with all the evil goodies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks will be ordering one know i just need to learn how to  install it
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top