Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 9:26:47 PM EDT
I attempted to zero my bulgarian ak-74 with tech-sights today.  I know there is mixed feelings about these, but I like the aperture sight, and I was pleasantly surprised with the performance.  I was shooting consistently 1.5-2.5 MOA groups.  The problem is I am still about 6 inches high from center at 100 yds with the elevation on my rear sight at the bottom.  I already have an adjustment tool for the FSP en route with some more ammo and mags, but the tip of the sight is already quite a bit above the center of the sight protectors, and I am concerned that adjusting it to get my groups to center will have the post too high.  My question is, is this even an issue?  Or is there a replacement post that might alleviate this to an extent?  or am I just overthinking things?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:43:51 AM EDT
never used the tech sites, but I wouldn't want my post that high, the ears are there to protect the post. And you've maxed out the rear?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:00:32 AM EDT
Yeah, the rear is bottomed out. And i have a feeling i might be overreacting on this since i haven't been able to adjust the FSP. But if i can get things centered and the post is parallel with the blades i won't be too upset as it won't block much sight picture, i just don't want it sticking out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top