Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/3/2003 5:24:19 PM EDT
hello guys , I have been away for a long time but never lost my love for my many AK's
I thought i would share a finish I have really enjoyed for a while.
I use Dupli.color brand truck bed coating then fine steel wool it a day after i apply it.
looks great and did i mention it is tough!

good seeing all the old gang is still around!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen you around for a while Devil Dog.  Welcome Back!!!!

Let's see this new finish you're talking about....Pics, postem if you gottem  ;)

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:27:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds pretty cool, post some pics!
Will that melt off if the weapon becomes too hot?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not know how well pictures would turn out , or if there is a way for me to post pictures unless i send someone some money first?
ether way the finish looks very much like regular painted finish other than it can be made glossy and smooth by steel wool.
it is a tough finish that does not seem to be effected at all by heat.
a can goes a long way because i covers so well with a thin coat.   i also used it on my red german ak74 mags but left it a little textured for grip.   i will look into taking and posting a pic as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
After you run a few hundred rounds down that barrel let us know if it stays on. I would love to put a cool cheap finish like that on my AK.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top