Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 5:40:34 AM EDT by MauserMark]
Hi, I'm about to aquire a very fine custom built 74 done by Chris at AKUSA from another board member and I noticed the perm pinned break is a little loose, not much, just a little. Was wondering if this would affect accuracy at all?

thanks.

-mark
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:14:49 PM EDT
I have 2 Arsenals, one 47 and a 74. They have threaded barrels(not pinned one like yours) mine are alittle loose too. I read here somewhere,may have been in the ammo test thread before it was deleted that if you use a 74 zig zag break it will open up your group size by 25%.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:34:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By VodkaBierGin:
I have 2 Arsenals, one 47 and a 74. They have threaded barrels(not pinned one like yours) mine are alittle loose too. I read here somewhere,may have been in the ammo test thread before it was deleted that if you use a 74 zig zag break it will open up your group size by 25%.

what accuracy results do you get with them being loose?

Like I said, if it doesn't make a difference, doesn't bother me, and if the accuracy is changed only because the style of the brake, then there's nothing I can do about that.

thanks!

-mark
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:07:48 AM EDT
Dont get me wrong their not super loose but they do have a little play. Between the plunger thing that slips in the notch on the break I can slip a match book between the two if I twist it to the side. So it isnt a rock solid fit.

As far as accuracy goes with the muzzle break I can hit a bowling pin 4out of 5 times with a PO 3.5 power scope at 100 yards witht he rifle rested on a sand bag useing wolf ammo. Then I had a malfunction with the rifle so I decieded to leave(details on my post in theses forums) I didnt get a chance to really shoot for groups or try shooting it without the muzzle break.
Top Top