Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 3:09:37 PM EDT
I just bought a 1969 ak-47 russian Kit.  The receiver is milled.   What would be the best way to repair the receiver.?  I have looked at replacement receivers and the cost is 375 - 400. Much to expensive.   Is there any way I can use a stamped reciever.?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Converting a milled kit over to use a stamped receiver is a whole lot more trouble than it's worth - unless you can do the required machining yourself.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a mill and lathe and have been trying to solve this puzzle for a while.  I am nearly convinced that G3 is right, there is no good way.  Sorry.  So now that I have been no help, how does the bore look on that kit?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're willing to do a screw build, you can mill down the front receiver stub to resemble a trunnion, then drill and tap. You would need to purchase a rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
just buy trunnions for a stamped rec (they are on the ee every few weeks)
and build it like a stamped rifle
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top