Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/4/2003 7:23:49 PM EDT
This pic was posted by Stottman in another thread and I had a question about the markings on this rifle.

Could some of you wonderful folks please tell me what all the different markings mean.

I’ve figured out the AK-74 part already.

Thanks, J

Link Posted: 11/4/2003 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
ÌÌÃ (MMG) is their abbreviation for DEWAT. The words are something like Ìàêåò Ìàññîãàáàðèòíûé â ìàñøòàáå 1:1 basically meaning full size mockup. Tula's version I believe have the MGVG
abbreviation. The words IZH-MASH flank both sides of the arrow and triangle.
I believe The big symbol with the C, P and T is a quality stamp, just like you see SPI (or ÑÏÈ) on some Vodka Brands from Russia.
-C

BTW, switch to cyrillic encoding on your browser to read the above text properly...
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
So on a live AK74 there would not be the ÌÌÃ marking?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Absolutely not....
Picture the scene from the movie Snatch...."that's why your gun says "replica" and mine says "desert Eagle point five oh".

Would be the same thing with this MMG...
-C
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:51:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Hehehe, it's amazing what can pop into you head at 4 am....

Those letters below are Ì Æ, or M ZH in english...what that is an abbreviation for is anyone's guess...could be Manufactured in '03... I'd buy that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#7]
What Chamberlin said is correct-

The PCT is the Russian quality mark-On everything from MMGs to a bottle of Pepsi.

You have the Izhmash logo.

Yes, according to the book the gun came with it was made in 2003. What MX (in Russian letters) stands for I dont know.

These marks would not be on a real live gun. What we call the receiver is sterile-no markings. The Russians consider the front trunnion to be part of the receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top