Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:05:22 PM EDT
pressed the barrel pin out of my pmkms kit, pressed the barrel out, popped the rivet stubs out, pressed the barrel back in, pressed the barrel pin back in

elapsed time 11 minutes 48 seconds, including answering the phone once.  so much easier than those damn AMD65 pins
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
so much easier than those damn AMD65 pins

Thank God it's not just me thinking that the AMD65 is a b!tch.  I'm still soaking the barrel/trunion in PB for the 4th consecutive night and the thing is not wanting to budge.  Oh well, think it's time to experiment with the u-drive method.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up a baggie of u drives myself, unfortunately they sold me some 10x3/8 instead of 10x1/4, and I didnt catch it till I got home.  a phone call resulted in them telling me "oh we dont carry 10x1/4, 10x3/8ths is all we have"

so I guess I'll use those for rear tangs
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#3]
You could always cut/grind them down to 1/4".
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You could always cut/grind them down to 1/4".

that's the other option I'm exploring
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top