Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 5:14:16 PM EDT
Excuse my ignorance.  I want an ak with an underfolder for back seat SHTF battle option.  Can I put an underfolder on the mak?

Thanks,
Ric
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
depends on the MAK, can you take a pic of the rear of the receiver?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have one, yet. Are you thinking about straight cut versus slant cut?  Is that a big factor?

Ric
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I assume the thumbhole stock is easily replaced with a straight wood stock

ric
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
there are Mak-90's out there with the underfolder cut-out already in the receiver. I am sure someone can post one for us here?

It is easy to tell because it looks like a circle on the rear of the receiver.  If you can get your hands on one of these all you have to do is knock out the metal pin, install your folding stock.....and your done.  For the price of about $400 you can have a pre-ban looking norinco for have the price
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
it depends, if it is slant cut you have only one option for standard wood, which is Ironwood designs.  if it is straight cut, then you have a plethora of options.  now if the back end is closed off and there are some odd plates riveted on the rear quarter sides of the receiver then you have an underfolder ready receiver.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks so much, guys. I want to get a mak 90 and put the underfolder on it.  Now I know better what to look for.

Ric
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top