Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/8/2006 3:33:48 PM EDT
hi again, i just wanted to know if the synthetic stock that is on my mak 90 is "stock" - it looks like a fiberforce type one, but its a 2 piece handguard up front, is this what replaced the butthole stock? or did someone put this stock on?
thanks
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone put it on. Make it 922r compliant and put what ever you want on it. Or you could always find an original set of wood and do that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Be glad someone put the fiberforce stock.  I hated the original tiny thumbhole stock that came with the MAK-90 because it was too damn small.  Following is a pic of what mine looked like before I started the de-ban process:

I will post a final pic when my stock arrives this week!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The only AK rifle that came with a black plastic thumbhole stock was the post ban Poly Tech rifles imported by Kengs. They were held in customs for 7 year while Kengs went to court to have them released from customs. The court ruled that they could be released from customs but had to be modified to post ban rifles for Kengs to sell them. Kengs replaced the pre ban stocks with Choate thumbhole stock sets.
www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?recordno=2&Product_CatalogID=2714&ProductNumber=18%2D03%2D06&ProductCode=22&ProductSubCodeID=158&NewProduct=0
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#4]
the link above is the SAME EXACT stock that mine has on it....so mine is one of the rifles you spoke of? what does that mean? good, bad? rare?
thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
As promised, this is what my MAK-90 looks like now:

I added a Tapco FCG group for 3 parts, I was given the Choate upper and lower handguards by my younger cousin, and I purchased a K-Var US made buttstock and pistol grip.  The only mistake I made was that I did not realize that I needed to shave the rear tang down to get the stock closer to the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Click on the link for the "Chinese Rifles" page of my web pages and scroll down to the  "Poly Tech post ban rifle" info.

mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/index.htm
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
my mak is a stamped , straight cut reciever, i found a web page that sold stocks that had detailed photos of all the diffrent shaped recievers, but i lost it--anyone know it? so does this determine what kind of stock will fit? and also, do i need to buy a pistol grip screw or will the one thats in the stock i have now fit ( chaote tool black stock) again i want an original wood set up with  black pistol grip
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top