Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/4/2010 6:24:01 PM EDT
i have a norinco mak90 and all the years I've owned ak's, ive never had this problem. it will either point the bullet just above the breach and jam it or stove pipe them. but these are all live rounds, the emptys always extract and eject fine. i dont have a buffer so i am wondering if its the mag. its either east german or bulgarian. its ribbed and the follwer doesnt have the full length rise like the norinco's do. has anyone had this problem? if so whats up?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a MAK90 and has never jammed.  I would try some different mags and see if that takes care of it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#2]
i have some but not much of the norinco's but like you, have never had this happen. with any ak. i wonder if the mag is just a battle field pick up that was wore out anyway and just repainted?
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto.  MAK-90 owner for 15 years and never experienced a single burp in any mag our round I've ever put in there.  Try and get your hands on come Chi-Com mags though just to make sure.  They're very easy to find.  I don't remember whether it's Cope's Distribution or somebody else that has 'em in stock right now.  If you're paying more than $10-$15 a piece for them you're getting ripped off.
Link Posted: 6/8/2010 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
i already have some. i remember when i had a buttload of chicom mags and got them for $4 each. I wished i could do that now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Same this happened with my steel mags too, I bought tapco mags and the problem went away, everyone says the steel mags are the best but I dont like them!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2010 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#6]
i aint never had any tapco's but i am sure they are good. i have 4 bulgarian circle 10's and i will try them. the steel ones are the best ones but there are a few culls out there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2010 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#7]
i know in years past, way past, back around 94 or 95 i got a brand new NHM91 and put a scope on it, I used the slide on style that goes on each side I caint remember its name but I tightned it too tight and it would make the carrier bind. that is the only one that i can remember that malfunctioned. but....it wasnt the rifles fault. its really odd this happened. especially to an ak.
Link Posted: 6/29/2010 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#8]
anyone else have this problem? hopefully its a matter of mag or something.
Link Posted: 6/30/2010 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I have six Chinese AK's in all (2 MAK's) and never have had this problem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#10]
could the mag be out of spec?
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess i am the ONLY one who has had a norinci malfunction like this?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#12]
FMJ or HP? My MAK-90 chokes up on about 1% of HP's.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Fmj
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I've never even heard of this from a MAK before.  All I've seen have been as reliable as the sun.  As was said try a different mag, if the problem persists I suggest a trip to an AK mechanic might be necessary.  IMO an AK that does not feed with good steel surplus mags has something out of spec.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Im wondering if the mag might just have had a weak spring.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, i think ive figured it out. I noticed the ejector was making the bolt drag so i filed it a little, its smoother now. And this is a factory built rifle.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top