BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/21/2009 6:28:17 PM EDT
I have a milled/slant cut reciever mac90 that came with a
Dragonov stock. Im looking for synthetic stock and pistol
grip to replace it. I know Ironwood offers a wood setup but
I prefer synthetic. Anyone know of stocks and grips available.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 3:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Try Tapco, Copes Distributing, or Tactical Inovation.
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure that with the milled receiver and it being a slant cut, you are stuck with getting a nice wood set from Ironwood. Now that is for the buttstock, I think you can use any pistol grip and handguards.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen a milled slant cut reciever.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've never seen a milled slant cut reciever.

WHAT?

All the chinese milled mak90's are slant cut, I've got 6, they are all that way. Hints why you cannot call KENGS, order a dark legend wood set for milled and just it automatically fits a milled mak90. It doesn't.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Not all the milled MAK-90's were slant cut.  I've seen a straight cut one quite a while back but certainly rare enough to not hold out hope of finding one when looking.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not all the milled MAK-90's were slant cut.  I've seen a straight cut one quite a while back but certainly rare enough to not hold out hope of finding one when looking.

If this is the case, why doesn't Ironwood make a "straight cut milled mak90" stock?

Link Posted: 1/24/2009 4:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess I am mistaken then. I'm old, it happens
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I guess I am mistaken then. I'm old, it happens

The other guy seems to think they do mak straight cut milled, but in my experience the chinese guns were never that way. Your mileage may vary

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I just made my Mak90 milled slant cut compliant.  You are sol for the syn stock.  Like you, I did not want wood, so I made my own out of steel pipe and and flat bar.  I will post pics later.
If you get a Tapco SAW grip, the rear will hang about 1/4" from the end of the receiver due to the slant.  Otherwise, it fits fine.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 9:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the slant cut as well. And no there are no synthetics out there for the slant cut. I did buy the IronWood and couldn't be happier, it's beautiful wood and they do fantastice work. Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Do any of you think that an ACE receiver block would fit on a slant cut stamped one?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do any of you think that an ACE receiver block would fit on a slant cut stamped one?

I don't know about it fitting, but i've seen milled mak90s with ACE blocks installed
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because they're simply not that common.  It's just like the MAK-90's that crept through with intact bayonet lugs, threaded muzzles, and stamped straight-cut receivers.  A very few milled crept through with milled straight-cut receivers.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top