User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 9:44:35 AM EDT
new m70 yugo bought from century arms

I've tried Wolf, PMC, and American Eagle
I,ve also tried 3 different magazines

It will fire but not pull the next round out of the mag it sometimes will not eject at all

I have cleaned it and checked the gas valve best I know how

what could it be?? do these things have a grenade shut off??

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If anything Yugo has a cycling problem, it's always a good bet that the grenade shutoff is engaged.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have pics of this?  I do not know how to check this either.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at your grenade sight left side and work the sight up and down.  Make sure the center piece moves "with" the nut and the sight.  They should all three move in unison, sight, nut, and center of the nut.  Sounds like you have a clogged or partially blocked gas port hole that goes into the barrel if the center is indeed moving with the sight.  Try inserting a pipe cleaner from the top of the gas port down into the barrel and see if you can see the cleaner sticking into the barrel.  To do this the sight must be in its lowered position so be patient and just work the pipe cleaner into the hole carefully.  Hope this helps some.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks it is not the grenade shut off it works just as previously described

so I'll attempt to clean the gas inlet valve thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Let us know how it comes along. I'm interested as I bought a Century M70, and haven't used it yet...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Does the bolt carrier seem to stick, or real hard to manually operate?

I had this problem and I put some lapping compound to the inside rails and worked it a few times and problem solved
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
new m70 yugo bought from century arms

I've tried Wolf, PMC, and American Eagle
I,ve also tried 3 different magazines

It will fire but not pull the next round out of the mag it sometimes will not eject at all

I have cleaned it and checked the gas valve best I know how

what could it be?? do these things have a grenade shut off??

Thanks for the help.

I would REALLY do a thorough cleaning of the weapon again - particularly the BOLT.  If the extractor is gummed up, etc., this could be a problem.  After firing mine twice, I still get a little red junk in the bolt under the extractor.  Please report back on this - interesting.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top