Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 10/17/2004 12:19:05 PM EDT
anybody have one. aim surplus is selling them for like 160 i think. been thinkin about getting one. might be a good collection peice. anyone think they will go like the albainians?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:30:03 AM EDT
I just ordered one. According to AIM, they only have a small quantity. Maybe the'll get more, maybe not. The M59/66 supply is still there... so maybe we'll get more of them.

I don't think they'll be like the Albanian in the oddities and differences... meaning, you should be able to use M59/66 parts in the M59 without problems.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:50:06 AM EDT
ok thanks. i was just wondering were they would stand for being collectible.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:48:57 AM EDT
Received it last night. Looks pretty nice. The wood is darker, like walnut, with good figure lines. In good shape with a couple dings and one gouge on one side close to the handguard. The metal is about 70% on the blueing. Detail stripped it, and everything internal looks to be in like new condition. The bore looks good, but I haven't wiped it out yet. Should get it all cleaned up tonight.

If they do have a small quantity, and they don't get more, they will be somewhat collectible. If this one cleans up well and works well, I'll definitely want to get another or two. I prefer the ones without the grenade launching stuff.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 12:50:45 PM EDT
Thats funny cause I think the grenade add ons look pretty good. Either way this is a nice gun that I am also thinking about getting, if I don't get the M1 Garand.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top