Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
6/25/2018 7:04:05 PM
Posted: 11/3/2017 8:48:05 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the MI gen2 will work. It looks to be universal to most AKs but not sure on the galil. It looks really nice. Any other options for mounting an optic
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:10:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/3/2017 9:26:19 PM EDT by 44-40pro]
Take a look at the ultimak railed gas tube!

ultimak.com

Rock solid, does not move, return to zero is spot on. Can be used with/without a riser as needed. The riser on mine happens to be see througha nd allows me to use the sights when up close. Will try to send pics shortly.

Well it seems the server has gone 500 error and has zombies. You will likely need to call or email Ultimak to see if they have a model that will work with the Golani model. Personally not familiar with that specific variant. Their site does have pics though.
Mine has been an absolute gem of a mount system for me. I will likely never put any kind of scope on my MAK 90 so the Ultimak rail is a perfect solution for me, and I like the sort of "scout" configuration it provides.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 9:30:29 PM EDT
Not sure the Ultima will work on galils. Gas tube is notched on the galil unlike the ak.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 12:03:12 PM EDT
Call Midwest Industries and ask them directly.

I have a Larue RDS (discontinued) and an Ultimak. I like the Ultimak. I have used both a micro RDS on the rail and a low power handgun scope on it. The handgun scope doesn't look "cool", but it rocks. The 2x magnification is excellent for combat style shooting, the crosshairs easy to see and I have been able to get 2" groups at 100 yards off a bench.

I'm using 125 grain Sierra .311" Pro Hunter bullets, not crap surplus FMJ's.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 12:07:24 PM EDT
I forgot to mention, the Ultimate railed gas tube had to be hand fitted to my rifle. Anyone (or most anyone) can do the job with simple hand tools, namely a file.

They come longer than needed so they will fit every rifle with a little judicious metal removal. I made mine so tight that it just fit. I doubt a little slop would hurt anything.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 9:06:42 AM EDT
Botach sells a railed gas tube. Their descriptions are kinda meh, so know what you need, length wise.

https://www.botach.com/galil-1913-rail-gas-tube/
Top Top