Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:31:37 PM EST
i just wanted to know what are the cheapest compliance parts( and how many do i need) to get if i put a romainian wood stock on a mak 90 to replace a chaote synthetic set ? does a it count as a homade part if i chopped the handle off the foregrip? and if i just use it at the range will someone spot a chinese rifle without the thumbhole stock and call the police? i know its illegal and i wouldent do it, i just want to know how you would get caught-it seems alot off people are worried about that.... i have 1 usa pistol grip.... what else can i do to make it legal with a (stock) wood set up? i want to bring it as close to original WITH it being legal--and the cheapest way to do it
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 1:22:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 1:26:34 PM EST by dar48]
The best way is to cruise around the Build it yourself forum. There are tons of answers to your questions, as well as links for compliance parts, etc. If you don't have a threaded barrel on the MAK-90 (assuming it's stamped receiver), you need 5 US parts. I would say that the cheapest would be US mags (3 parts) and maybe a PG and HG or something. US PG can be had for about $10 or so. Some people complain about the Pro-Mags, others say they are great. Anyway, they are between $15-20 for 3 parts, and then you just need two more. Another option (I really think is better) is to get US mags and/or US followers and floorplates for steel mags (a set can be had for about $5 or so) and a US FCG. Installation is very easy, and the FCG is only about $40 or so. To the best of my knowledge, you can't make a US part out of a foreign part unless you destroy it from its original form. For example, I bet that if you cut off the foregrip of the Romy HG and turned it into a PG, that would probably count; modifying the existing HG doesn't change the fact that it's still a handguard. I really wouldn't worry about anyone calling the police; just make sure your rifle is in a legal configuration, and don't let anyone screw around with it. One other issue that is more pressing, however, is the Romy stock set. I think you'll run into some problems because the set was designed for a rifle with a 1mm thick receiver, not a 1.5mm. You may have to do some major thinning in order for it to fit.

ETA: You had better make darn sure the conversion is legal in your state/local area, because they will screw you hard if it isn't. As long you don't have extra legislation controlling assault rifles, you just have to make it 922r compliant, which is swapping out the 5 parts. Make sure it's done, and if you do use mag parts, don't have any mags that don't have the right number of parts in it. Make sure anyone can see that you are taking steps to keep everything legal.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top