Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 7:25:46 PM EDT
I was practicing doing some riveting wiht the rivets I got from Tapco. Suckers are pretty hard to mash down. I think ifthey were softer they would flatten better. Do you guys think the tapco ones are in spec?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
don't know about the hardness but, Tapco rivits are junk.  Too small and the heads are the wrong shape.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
The K-var ones are real nice....Soft I thougt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my rivet sets from global trades and was very pleased.  I had some from David's collectibles and ended up throwing them away...were too soft, especially for the rear trunnions.  The ones from global had all te right head sizes for the forward trunnion and were soft, but not too soft.

Dan
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top