Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Posted: 8/17/2004 2:14:57 PM EST
after the ban dies i want to put a folder on a para type sks. how many u.s. made parts would i need to be legal? i have found u.s. made gas pistons (large one, and small one under the rear site). so if i get both gas pistons a u.s. made folding stock and hand guard is that it?as far as imported parts an sks has the reciever, barrel, 2 gas pistons,bolt, bolt carrier,and fixed magazine. i guess my real question is how many parts are counted on an sks under 922r?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:45:22 AM EST
i screwed up. i would need many more parts to be legal. looks like one more dream that won't come true.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:35:46 AM EST
the sks is NOT considered an assualt weapon under the assualt weapons ban.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:06:30 AM EST
The SKS does NOT HAVE a detachable magazine

Therefore it is NOT an assault weapon...

You can have as much evil crap on it as you wish, so long as you don't have any 'duck bill' detatchable mags.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:14:25 PM EST
why are sks folders sold "for pre ban only" ? i am interested to find out were i can buy a folder anyway. thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:56:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/19/2004 6:58:32 AM EST by mppppp]
try these sights for folding stocks:
Tapco
SKS Man.com
ATI Stocks
Gun Accessories.com

also try the auction sites such as auctionarms.com, gunbroker.com and even ebay - you may find a better deal on a new or used on.
mp
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:30:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By mppppp:
the sks is NOT considered an assualt weapon under the assualt weapons ban.

You are correct that it is not an assault weapon. It is a C&R weapon, and subject to C&R rules. If you change it from it's original configuration, it then but falls under the 922(r) ruling and therefore cannot have "un-sporting" features on a foreign made weapon. Once you violate the C&R status you must comply with 922(r) or beat the 10 or less foreign parts game to make it a U.S.A. made rifle, and then 922(r) does not apply to U.S.A. made weapons, then you can add the folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:33:01 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
You can have as much evil crap on it as you wish, so long as you don't have any 'duck bill' detatchable mags.....

That is incorrect Sir, please read the above post.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top