Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
I have the basic rear trunion installed for fixed stocks, is it possible to convert the receiver to accept the folding AKSU stock?

-mark
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check Pookies site. It involves cutting the reciever @ an angle, drilling for the forward latch and the rear trunnion, replace the trunnion,etc.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have the basic rear trunion installed for fixed stocks, is it possible to convert the receiver to accept the folding AKSU stock?

-mark

Yup, but you'll have to pop the rivits on the rear trunnion, have the folder holes cut on the receiver, and then re-rivit in the folder trunnion.

Another option is to find one of these:

s141369216.onlinehome.us/k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16737&cat=251&page=2

K-Var was selling them, but appears to be out.

Me, I'm not a fan because of the goofy block sticking out the back when folded, but it's an option that doesn't require receiver modifications.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the feedback.

I've seen those krink stocks you mentioned above, I'm also not a fan of it adding the extra length.

The reason I asked was because I got to handle a polish AKM build at the local fun show that had the SU stock, I was really impressed.  In any event I'll talk to Chris Butler, he's the one who built my 74, and see what he would charge.

thanks.

-mark
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top