Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:48:27 PM EDT
I was wondering if these were interchangable on 7.62 by 39 AKs.  Thanks for any info.

Couch-Commando
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:51:47 AM EDT
[#1]
The gas port and pin holes will have to redrilled. If you have a drill press and some mechanical knowledge then it can be done without too much effort ...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know how well that would work, the hole in the old gas bloc is drilled at 45 degrees while the newer ones are drilled straight down. I don't think it will work...at least not safely....replacing the barrel is probably a better idea if you can find one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:15:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't know how well that would work, the hole in the old gas bloc is drilled at 45 degrees while the newer ones are drilled straight down. I don't think it will work...at least not safely....replacing the barrel is probably a better idea if you can find one.

I did it on my Intrac using a Bulgarian 90 degree GB/FSB combo. The 90 degree port is set back from the 45 port by about an inch and the block covers and seals the old 45 port . So far it works great ...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
It does seem like a lot of work.  I don't have a drill press.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I replaced the Russian one on my Saiga with a Bulgi 90 degree and it fits and works perfect.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
What I meant was replacing a 90 degree with a 45 degree.  I was wondering if it was possible to make an SAM7 Carbine look more "Type III"ish.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
If your thinking of doing this to a SA M-7 Carbine, I wouldn't bother. Sell it and find a SA M-7 Classic ...
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did it on my Intrac using a Bulgarian 90 degree GB/FSB combo. The 90 degree port is set back from the 45 port by about an inch and the block covers and seals the old 45 port . So far it works great ...

Good to know!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I replaced the Russian one on my Saiga with a Bulgi 90 degree and it fits and works perfect.

As far as I know Saigas already have a 90 degree block, at least all my saigas do, true, it does not have the accessory lug but that's why god created bulgarian gas blocks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top