Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2006 9:38:45 PM EDT
i saw a gun for sale. reciever said valmet, interodranace? or something like that. . what is the going rate for these things?

it had a park or flat black finish on it
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Not InterOrdnance, but more likely Interarms, who was one of the importers of Valmet rifles.

Hard to put a value on it as you've given almost no information on caliber or configuration.

Could be anywhere form $900-$4000.

As a rule of thumb on Valmets

7.62 x 39 are the most expensive as they are "rare" here in the US.
7.62 NATO are next in value followed by .223.

The models you'll find are
M-62's
M-71's
M-76's
M-82's
M-78's

An early M-62 in 7.62 x 39 can bring close to $4k.
An M-71 in .223 can sell for as little as around $900.....

More information is necessary., but sinc eyou didn't mention a folding stock, that it looked just like an AK, or that it was big like an RPK, I'll assume it's an M-76 with a wood stock and say it's probably a $1200 rifle.  How's that? hug.gif
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]

black polymer stock. LNIB condition, 2 mags
like this:

wanted 1,800 I think it was overpriced, but id dont know mch about them
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
That is a 71 with a plastic stock.  It is probably the least desireable Valmet of all the model/configurations.

Worth about $1,050.

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top