Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2004 4:36:46 AM EST
i think these are made by usa and very rare. i bought it for a bill. anyone know what it's worth?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:14:05 AM EST
I have never heard of them. If they were made by USA they are probably crap like all their other stuff. Personally, I would ditch it and buy a couple of Ak drums that were designed for the gun. An sks is just an sks to me. I would just keep it a 10rder.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:15:31 AM EST
I have seen them sell for $100 to $150. Pretty hard to come buy. Have no clue if they run reliable or not.(more than likely not) But if it where me, I say keep it even if it is just a conversation piece. ps stick with the 10rnd mag that came with the rifle they work.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:37:15 AM EST
I have one, and it works well. The drum is AK, with a single stack tower, designed to fit the SKS receiver. I had to do some very minor fitting to get it to latch into place, much like you have to do with some AK 30rders. They were $75. when I bought mine, and U.S.A. was the manufacturer. To make the tower single stack a inward rib was pressed into the right side.

For anyone wanting to fab an SKS drum, the Tower can easily be duplicated, then use a piece of round stock on the inside of the Tower to make it single stack. As for as the follower, I have never checked for any difference between the SKS drum and an AK drum. I guess a lot of fabricating will take place when the AWB expires. I know I will, along with a camera, and the days newspaper for photos.
Top Top