Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2002 8:18:32 PM EDT
i went to spend a day with my dad who lives next to a protected national sea shore park. after i was there for a while his basset hound started having a fit and looking out the sliding glass door. so i went over to see what all the fuss is about and there was a red fox eating out of his dog food bowl. so i tell dad and he says the fox eats out of it every day , but that i can let the dog out which i did. so the chase was on. all 50 lbs of this basset is at top speed. " well as fast as his 3" legs will go and into the park they go. i can hear the chase which seems to stay in one area so i go to see if i can watch. as i am going down a sandy trail i hear old blue coming my way sounding the alarm loud and clear. i step to the side just as he rounds the curve and he comes by me bow wowing as loud as he can. then the fox comes by me who must have been only 5 yards behind the dog and he looks up at me and smiles as he goes by. i just can't believe the fox passed within 3 feet of me making eye contact and smiling the whole way. words can not do this story justice as to how dumb that dog looked at this point and the obvious glee on the face of the fox. so i go home and about 5 min. later the dog is at the door slobbering and well " dog tired " so i let him in , he drinks a full bowl of water and collapses in his bed breathing very hard and is done for the day. i fill the water bowl again and as i pass the door i can see the fox is once again eating his kibbles and bites!
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
ROFL! Sounds like the Fox outfoxed the dog! LOL!

themao
------------------------------------------
Got ice picks?
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohh that's rich! Were you smok..... aww hell, that is one funy story.
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You could have stopped when you said it was a basset hound.  Dumbest mammal to ever evolve.

BTW, foxes are a member of the canine (dog) family.  They are differentiated by the fact that they can climb trees.  & yes I kick a$$ at trivial pursuit because I know stupid things like this.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top