Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/10/2003 10:36:05 AM EDT
OK, I've figured out that the top knob adjusts elevation and the side knob adjusts windage.

If the point of impact is below the point of aim, do I adjust elevation up or down?  It seems logical that if it is too low, the chevron should go up, but I get the feeling it may be backward with this.

I discovered that a mechanical boresighter does not work since the front sight tower gets in the way.

I guess it would help if I had a spotter, but I don't, it's just me.

TIA
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
 I don't have your type of scope, just a PSO 1, but...  get the rifle on a rest, get the reticule on a target, crank a knob (count your clicks so you can return), see which way the reticule moves and then which way you have to move the muzzle to get back on target.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  So, if I were to point the rifle towards the top of the target holder and I get hits on the bottom of my target, I should move the reticle up?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Clockwise moves the point of impact about 1cm left or down at 100m, depending on the knob chosen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, but I'm still confused.

OK -- I'm aiming at 100 yards.  I'm pointing the intersection of three lines at the very center of my target.  I fire and it hits the dirt.  1- do I move the POI up? 2 - do I move the POI down?

If the shots are going low, do I chase after them (down) or do I adjust by going up?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Top knob counterclockwise to move the point of impact up to your point of aim.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Great!  Thanks a lot!
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top