Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/5/2006 6:12:24 PM EDT
I know HT is easy enough to do, but If I just HT hole areas it might make it harder to get consistent blueing later on.  And, i've had a couple people tell me it's not necessary on that thickness.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
IMHO...
I would heat treat the holes just to be safe...Your not going to hurt anything by doing it.
It is an easy procedure to do compared to trying to fix the possible egging that is likely to happen and harder to fix.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what you are planning on doing, but if you are buying one of the GT 1.6 receivers, i'm certain that they are already heat treated.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You are are talking about a reciever made from a flat and not a production reciver right?
A homemade reciver shuold be HT'd but a factory reciver from Armory...NO
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a pre-bent blank.  So by responses, I'm guessing it's just safer to HT.  I plan on hot-dip blueing this one at home.  Is there any trick I can do to make sure the blueing will still be uniform (never ht'ed or blued before)?  Or, if I just dip it enough times will that be sufficient?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#5]
you have to heat treat the ejector, no matter the thickness of the receiver the ejector is going to be the same thickness because of the bolt
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top