User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2003 7:05:16 AM EDT
i was wondering if anyone else has tried this build method:

i ordered this video,
members.tripod.com/~OhmsResearch/Ohmsresearch/Page_1x.html

and i intended to use his method which uses aa "all matching numbers" kit.  this eliminate the need to press in/out the barrel.  and the video shows how to build a ak from a kit without any specalized tools.

but i have heard of these kits having bad headspace despite the trunion still pressed on the barrel.  

so, i was wondering how often you guys find one of these kits that actually DOES have a proper headspace?

should i sh*tcan my project?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 3:38:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks i had read a couple of posts from people who had kits with bad headspace and it made me worry a little.

i will probably go ahead with the build.  if the headspace is off i guess ill sell the kit to someone with the tools to fix it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top