Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:15:48 AM EDT
I want to get my polish aks build by a builder, how good is greenlight arms?
if not, who can do a good job at a low price. SINCE I am a disable vet living on a V.A, IMCOME
i need one at a good price, time is not a big thing, as long as it is over three month.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:19:55 AM EDT
I'd pass on cwtoyota building right now....too busy with the receivers

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=71039

the builders in the thread above, just compare prices on their websites, you pay for what you get though
Global Military Gunsmithing is really cheap
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:43:51 AM EDT
You might try giving Coyote Gulch Armory a call. I've heard nothing but good things about them and their prices seem pretty reasonable.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:12:34 AM EDT
thank

I've heard nothing but good things about ken K and his prices seem pretty reasonable. now i was going to send it to Josh at Newton Firearms BUT he is not take new work right now PLUS he rasie his prices. i will call this coyote gulch armory to see how long and what the cost will be.

thank agian frank
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:11:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 11:33:23 AM EDT by RS39]
Would not let him touch my dog if he can't make a better receiver than he does!! Got 5 today that are totally USELESS!! Sending them back immediately!!

ED- So far I have found 3 threads for your issue. Since it is a building issue mainly, lets keep it there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:05:46 PM EDT
I had Greenlight build a Bulgarian AK-74 side folder for me and also convert a Saiga 308 to pistol grip configuration. The craftsmanship on both of these firearms was excellent. I believe these are the firearms that are shown on the web site for Greenlight. Chris's fee is very reasonable. Because his Yugo receiver project is now behind him, though I do see that he is or was making receivers for standard AKs (I was at a gunshow last week and saw these receivers on AKs being sold by Blackwell Industries and asked about them), he might have time to do builds with a reasonable turnaround. Go ahead and email him and ask about his turnaround time.

Let me just say that I know him personally and know several knowledgable AK builders who know him, and they say that he is a stickler for authenticity.
Top Top