Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 3:14:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 4:41:43 AM EDT by bruh44]
A while back I got my underfolding Vector AK. I was thrilled with it until I tried to adjust the front sight, using a plastic wedge, and a hammer just like their instructions say, but the whole sight blade shifted. I sent it back to them, and about 3 weeks later they sent me a new rifle. I also bought the AK sight adjustment tool, to ensure that never happens again. Well, that was about 4 months ago. I Haven't had it out to the range much, and what I did when I had it out was just rapid fire messing around. Well, I tried to zero it yesterday, only to find the front sight post on this rifle is so far off to the right, I'm hitting 5 inches from the bulls eye, and 15 yards. This was after I asjusted the sight all the way to the left, it can't move anymore. I understand they might miss one or two bad front sights on a rifle, but don't you think they would make an extra effort to make sure I would get a good one after having returned one? On the plus side, they are sending me a shipping label, so I don't have to pay for the shipping. But I'm pissed this is happening again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:31:08 PM EDT
Send it back! I can't believe a vector having that problem. Should've been cheap like me and bought a WASR-10.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:36:09 PM EDT
I just wrote them a letter. I was very nice in the letter because I want them to send the best AK they have. I said PLEASE make sure the next rifle is 100%. And that I understand AK's are like that etc.... But I'm still pissed they didn't check the first time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:40:51 PM EDT
Is the front sight canted or anything?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:46:20 PM EDT
Yeah, it's pretty far off to the right. I don't know how I didn't notice that before.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:30:12 PM EDT
Maybe they have TWO bad rifles they keep shipping out hoping no one will notice ?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:33:57 PM EDT
You know on rifles adjusting the front sight post, shoots to the right move the sight post to the right and viceaversa, same with elevation shoots high raise the front sight post.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:53:23 PM EDT
Yea but when you pay that much for an AK you want a straight front sight.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:01:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PoHF:
You know on rifles adjusting the front sight post, shoots to the right move the sight post to the right and viceaversa, same with elevation shoots high raise the front sight post.

I bet that was your problem. You want to adjust the sights to where the bullet goes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:14:31 PM EDT
I hate sight adjustments, I always have to "think" which way to move it even though I already know, LOL ...
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:25:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/23/2005 4:46:11 AM EDT by bruh44]

Originally Posted By Jerret:

Originally Posted By PoHF:

I bet that was your problem. You want to adjust the sights to where the bullet goes.

No, that definately was not it. The sight post is off to the right, it was shooting far left, so I adjusted it as far to the left as it goes, and it's still 4-5 inches off bulls eye at 15 yards. Before I adjusted it, it wasn't even on paper, until I moved about 10 feet from the target, and it was still off to the left. I'm currious if maybe the barrel had heated up once while I was shooting and some how shifted the sight, because I don't remember it being that bad before.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:20:59 AM EDT
Niether my Mak90 or Maadi is a tack driver, but there is no excuse in what you're talking about. I'd keep sending it back until you get what you want.

I had several issues with a couple of AR15 uppers from what is considered a well regarded (at least on ARFCOM) company. I sent the upper back like 4 times before I got what I wanted. I'm sure they were getting sick of dealing with my, but I didn't care, I wanted an upper that was what I expected.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:35:22 AM EDT
On one of my WASRS the site keeps shifting. The crappy sites on the AK, stopped me from buying anymore.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:08:27 AM EDT
My Mak90 has no pins holding the front site post on...it is still dead center and stays there....damn those chinese made some good shit. Now if I wanted to take it off and replace it-----like I intended to do--then I would be screwed.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:26:57 PM EDT
Update: As to date, Vector has done nothing to satify me. I have called and called, and I keep getting told the guy who is working on my rifle is out. I finally spoke to a tech today. He said they are working on it, and he doesn't know much else. This is really getting old. I am very unimpressed with Vectors customer service.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:39:09 PM EDT

I'm currious if maybe the barrel had heated up once while I was shooting and some how shifted the sight, because I don't remember it being that bad before.

No, they are pinned in place, and vector was not the place that pinned it, it was poland or yugoslavia depending on which rifle you bought.

They must not check when they build them, or at least they dont fix them if they see it. My bulgarian AKS-74 has a canted sight, so it happens to all levels of AKs from time to time, despite people claiming its just the romanians.

Hopefully they'll take care of it, since it cant be adjusted to zero.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:46:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hound:
My Mak90 has no pins holding the front site post on...it is still dead center and stays there....damn those chinese made some good shit. Now if I wanted to take it off and replace it-----like I intended to do--then I would be screwed.

I tried to remove mine. Can't get it to budge. Still ain't got the pins in it, I figger its permanent, good thing it was fairly well zeroed because the windage won't budge either. Broke 2 adjustment tools trying. :)..

Bummer about the vector.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:50:26 PM EDT
My Vector underfolder zero'd at 100yds no problem. Shoots great (for an AK). My only issue is that the upper handguard is a tad looise and rattles a bit... oh, and the wood bubbles after a lot of rapid fire.

You are shooting with the stock folded aren't you ? You know they are only accurate when shot that way, and with armor pearcing ammo, right ? I saw it on "Shootout" last night, so it must be true .
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:57:07 PM EDT
This is the e-mail I just sent them:

Dear Sir, or Ma’am
So far I have been very disappointed with your service to the rifle I sent in. This is the second rifle I have returned, and both times it has taken a very long time for anything to have happened. I called there yesterday, and was disconnected 4 times, and sat on hold for a total of about 15 minutes. I paid a lot of money for my AK, and would like to have it back it the condition, and quality of the rifle I paid for. I don’t want the front sight adjusted, because then the cleaning rod won’t sit right. I would like it replaced. I would also like the stock replaced, since it doesn’t sit perfectly strait. If this can’t be done, I would like the rifle replaced. And again, I will have to pay for a transfer fee. I would think after having sent one rifle back, your company would have made sure I got the best rifle you had available, but that is clearly not the case. PLEASE MAKE THIS RIGHT!
Sincerely
Brian Ruh

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:14:10 AM EDT
Finally heard from Vector today... that is to say, I called them, they have never called me. I was told my AK would be shipped back to me tomorrow. I don't believe it though, because he also said they were going to fix the front sight, and the stock. He didn't say they DID fix the front sight, and stock just that they were going too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:17:50 AM EDT
bruh don't let this get you down on AKs. Buy an arsenal next time and you will see what a quality AK is all about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 12:16:27 PM EDT by JOHNO]
Sorry you've had so much trouble with your AK.The first AK I ever had any issues with was a Maadi MISR that had been converted to high cap.The FSB was canted,very bad trigger slap,the mag well was tight and the mag release was tight.I re-set the FSB,worked on the disconnector,filed out the mag well and dremilled off some of the back side of the mag release.I also smoothed up the rails,it turned out to be one of the best AKs I ever had.

AKs are different,sometimes you have to fix things yourself to get it the way you want it.I guess its just the nature of the beast.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 12:03:49 PM EDT by Bullitt3401]

Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
My Vector underfolder zero'd at 100yds no problem. Shoots great (for an AK). My only issue is that the upper handguard is a tad looise and rattles a bit... oh, and the wood bubbles after a lot of rapid fire.

You are shooting with the stock folded aren't you ? You know they are only accurate when shot that way, and with armor pearcing ammo, right ? I saw it on "Shootout" last night, so it must be true .

My Vector's upper handguard rattles, too. By any chance is it supposed to have a rectangular spring loaded clip on on the gas tube, like my '74's?

FWIW, my Vector '47 is pretty decent. It was one of the first ones made when the ban ended. It's an OOW receiver rifle, so it has that gap between the selector and top cover. Besides that, it's really nice. It's built up on a 1977 Polish kit.

Oh yeah, always fire your AK with the stock folded away, and pray that allah will send the bullets into the enemy. LOL!

Scott

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:41:18 PM EDT
I had many, many problems with my vector uzi. Even vector couldn't figure out what was going on. Eventually, they said that it was one of their former employees who built it wrong. I finally sold it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:49:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:

My Vector underfolder was right on at 100 yards. I quess I was lucky. My upper hadguard, which is the black synthetic US made type rattled as well. I took the upper handguard off and placed a small peice of folded aluminum foil in the little "well" where the hinge locks it in place. (Sorta of hard to explain) Anyway, that took care of the rattle.

SM
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:22:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By estoner1:
I had many, many problems with my vector uzi. Even vector couldn't figure out what was going on. Eventually, they said that it was one of their former employees who built it wrong. I finally sold it.

They didn't make it right, by repairing or replacing it? If they don't stand behind their products, I would have to think twice about buying from them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:31:25 PM EDT
Vector is an assembly line company. You do understand that right? The more they crank out the more money they make. There is nothing like a custom build. I'd rather pay extra to get an AK that works right the first time out and is trouble free. There is nothing like an AK built by a custom smith. Sorry to hear of your problems.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:07:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bullitt3401:
My Vector's upper handguard rattles, too. By any chance is it supposed to have a rectangular spring loaded clip on on the gas tube, like my '74's?

Yes it needs the upper handguard spring. You can buy them on k-var.com. You may want to look at the rear of the gas tube first to be sure there are the cutouts to hold the spring in place, though you can make it work even without the cutouts. The spring will make things nice and tight.

I have a Vector coming in and not too and not psyched to hear about these issues. The reason I am buying one it because I got screwed out of my Polish kit and decided it would be cheaper to buy a Vector built on a similar kit rather then go through all the hassle and expense to buy a kit, receiver, US parts and pay to have it built.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:18:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Texxut:

Originally Posted By estoner1:

They didn't make it right, by repairing or replacing it? If they don't stand behind their products, I would have to think twice about buying from them.

I wasn't happy with the bore on my Vector AK underfolder and they sent me a new rifle. I've heard too many stories of Vector going out of their way to make the customer happy. If you're not happy with it then send it back.

The good news is in a few years we'll have a new and improved AWB and everyone will be shooting bolt-action AK's with 5 round mags and we'll all look back with nostalgia.

Top Top