Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2006 7:49:00 PM EDT
Thought I would post a couple of my first build. I still need to refinish it, but I think its nice. I used to be one of those people that said "Its just an AK" Talk about a wake up call. I definetly have a new understanding.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
nice. real nice. the folder and that pistol grip look awsome together. what kind of receiver?
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
looks good man!!! are those Choate front upper & lower handguards??
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Its a ArmoryUSA receiver, Copes Romy "G" kit w/G2 trigger kit, choate handguards, tapco pistol grip, US slant break, Romy side folder, and rivets from midwest armory.

Can't wait for the range trip tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good, what kinda finish are you going to use? What part of Mo.?

Russ
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you polish the barrel before you slipped it back into the trunion?  Looks really shiny in front of the feed ramp....
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Not sure on what finish yet. Was thinking of park with overcoat of either moly or duracoat. I did go over the barrel stub with a real fine emery cloth to smooth it out as there were a scratch or 3 when it was pulled. I used a 12 ton press, but also did the freeze barrel/heat trunion install. It went in smooth as butter. Think that was what worried me the most over the entire build for fear of damaging the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2006 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Rsteinb
just do a black park

glad to see it turned out good
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top