Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:43:58 AM EDT
I've got a homebuilt amd-65, bent the receiver from a flat...  I've never seen an ak up close before, so basically everything was done "blind", grinding until things fit together..  My question is, how do you remove the bolt/carrier for cleaning, etc?  On mine, I'd have to remove the rear trunnion to slide everything out, but that wouldn't be possible on a rivet build of course, so I know I must be missing something.  Pics would be very helpful.  hot
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The top rails should be cut out at the rear to allow removal.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/fold14.jpg

ahh.... I thought so.  What's the length of the notches?  And what prevents the carrier from jumping out on it's own?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If the rails weren't notched, how did you get it together?

If you have no notches, you will need to make some.  You will probably need a front notch too.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If the rails weren't notched, how did you get it together?

If you have no notches, you will need to make some.  You will probably need a front notch too.

The rear was notched only to allow rear trunnion fitment.......  Not further up the receiver like it shows in the pic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
home.earthlink.net/~mwsjb/fold14.jpg

ahh.... I thought so.  What's the length of the notches?  And what prevents the carrier from jumping out on it's own?

Put the tang in, push the carrier back flush (on top of the rails), then mark your position.  Grind down until it fits.  I've seen some threads about the carrier jumping out before the rifle is "broken in", but I've never had a problem with it (the spring keeps it from bouncing up).
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Should I make it a tight squeeze to get it out?  Or should it just fall right out if I angle it upside down?  h.gif
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top