Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:55:41 PM EDT
did mak 90s ever come without a thumbhole stock and a standard butstock and pistol grip instead?
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
NO    NADA   NYET  and I mean NO
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
After the July,1989 ban it was illegal to import AK rifles with a standard buttstock and pistol grip.  It wasn't untill 1990 that AK rifles were allowed to be imported again. The MAK-90 which stands for Modified AK- model of 1990 are post ban rifles so could only be imported with a thumbhole stock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
There have been a few "sneaks" that have gotten through marked "MAK-90" but in full preban configuration. Some of the California importers marketed these as "LEO" sale rifles in the 1990-1994 time frame. This was before the 1994 AWB which helped define at a federal level what an assault rifle was. Some of these rifles made it to general circulation as there was no defined restrictions for LEO to not sell them to civilians at the time. In 15 years I have seen about 4 of these rifles fit this description and I could tell they were factory and not a conversion.

Hootbro
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top