Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2004 10:31:04 AM EDT
ok. so I bought a new(to me) barrel assembly for my AK. complete with the forward trunnion, bayo lug, and threaded muzzle. now, I know people have mentioned screwing it together (after removing the rivets), but I'd really like to get it properly riveted.

most of the smiths I see mentioned are places like Ohio Rapid Fire, Krebs, and Arsenal, which appear to be builders of whole rifles, rather than someone who will do this relatively small job for me.

anyone have any recommendations? I don't need the barrel pressed in, I just need someone to remove 6 rivets and install six rivets. just a swap at the trunnion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrong way to go about it. For a good rivet job the barrel has to come off the trunnion anyway. Also if you just swap barreled trunnions the headspace may not match up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Talk to Ohio Rapid Fire.

I'll bet that they can set you up.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top