Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:36:18 AM EDT
I have my build about halfway done.  The front trunion is affixed, barrel is in, as is the trigger guard and the crossmember.  I'm building a Romy G kit on a bent tapco flat.  I have a couple questions that have probably been asked here before, if so please direct me to a link.

I had to trim the top rails almost down to nothing to fit the front trunion, but I got it nearly perfect I think.  I'm looking at the bolt and the rear trunion and it seems they both will require the top rails to be cut down.  I am also not seeing how the bolt/gas piston will slide in once the rear trunion is in place.  do you just force it in there, or is it non-removeable once the rear trunion is in?

Also, my Tapco flat has notches cut into the top rails.  If you have to cut the rails way down anyways, why do they include the notches?  I feel I might be missing something here so I won't cut anything until I have a good understanding of what's going on.  

Does anyone have pictures of how far they cut down the top rails?  

Also, if someone could direct me to a tutorial on assembling the FCG, selector, pins, springs, etc. I would apprecate it very much.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the website  Gunsgutsandgod.com... don't know how to post the link, but someone else may be along to help..  They have an excelent tutorial on this subject..   I printed off the whole thing for a guidebook ...HTH    Les
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Great site.  I had heard of it but just hadn't checked it out yet.  I think it will answer all my questions.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top