Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 6/9/2008 6:57:55 AM EST
Hi, I thought I'd share a couple things I did to improve the sight picture on my AKs. I widened the rear sight notch with a small file and painted it flat black. Next I attacked the front sight with a fine file. I cut about half way through it, flattening the face. then i squared up the sides and top. granted, i now have a one-sided front sight but if you marked the side facing you before you uninstalled it, it should be good to go when you reinstall. flattening the face of the front sight eliminates glare and makes for a nice sharp sight picture. this definitely helped my eyes out a good bit. groups improved. your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 6/9/2008 3:28:12 PM EST
Alot of people would benifit by widening the rear slot on their sights.

I hope you dont mind me jumping in and adding my cheap fix, I TIG welded a piece of 1/8 in flat bar to the back of my sight, drilled it, countersunk the hole, and shaped the whole mess with a file. I also painted the front sight post yeller.

Link Posted: 6/10/2008 8:39:49 AM EST
nicely done. will try that one myself.
Link Posted: 6/12/2008 2:52:25 PM EST
I'd like to see pics of the OP's method of the front sight..
I don't exactly understand what your doing to it..
I need to learns how to reed good...

CXS
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:52:00 AM EST
i'll try to get some pics when i do the next one. but to summarize, mark the side of the front sight facing you when you're aiming; remove it; file that side flat; then file down the two sides to square it up; paint it black; reinstall.
Top Top