Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:16:41 PM EDT
well I would take it over my wasr....but thats not saying much...here is the link to it
www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=43710194
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#1]
dude its a wasr with a long barrel.  the reason the bipod isnt mounted forward like it should be is probably because that thin barrel will flex too much when it gets hot
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Well it looks beter tahn my WASR
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
WASRs don't have 90 degree gas blocks like that does. I beleive elsewhere they said it was a Saiga conversion.

I think it's cool.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
..snip.. the reason the bipod isnt mounted forward like it should be is probably because that thin barrel will flex too much when it gets hot

Is that true?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Does look kinda cool.......honestly I typically avoid Century products at all costs. Given my experiences, I would never buy anything from them without personally inspecting it first.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
..snip.. the reason the bipod isnt mounted forward like it should be is probably because that thin barrel will flex too much when it gets hot

Is that true?

not in the sense that it would bend the barrel, but it would flex after it got hot and cause your point of impact to shift higher until it cooled off.  M16A1s had this problem with the clamp on bipods that were issued with them long ago.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Cmon, its another "BAD" looking weapon for the anti's to hate, think of it, an AK designed to shoot people at long distances, its gotta be good no matter what.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top