Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2006 12:31:07 PM EDT
i just ordered one of centerfire's 4-pack of used Euro 30-rd AK mags which should be here sometime this week. anyone else get any of these mags? i'll be sure to post plenty of pictures on the condition when they show up, maybe figure out what country they're all from  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I was going to order some but it said I had to be 21, what a bunch of BS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder why in the hell you would have to be 21 to buy the mag when you only have to be 18 to buy a rifle?  Makes no sense whatsoever!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a company covering their ass.

I don't see a problem with is.

If i were 20 I would..
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Did everyone who bought them have to send an ID? I placed an order without sending my ID because I read it as you only have to send ID for ammo or firearms.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I got 3 4 packs (12 total). I just had them shipped to my dad to get by the over 21 thing. They just came in today.

About ten of them have rust spots right where the side plates(Im not sure what to call them) meet the main mag body; and I'm guessing underneath them(the side plates) where no one can get to it to scratch it off. There is 1 that seems to have no rust at all on it and just has a little dirt in it. The last one is just covered inside and out with cosmo style grease(and consequently has no rust) that is going to take a while to clean up, the finish on this one seems to be chipped of in spots, and looks to be the most used of all of them.

One thing I am impressed with is the quality of the finish on the 10 with the rust spots(besides of course the places with the rust itself). They look like they were never used! I also am glad that none of them have dents in them or bent in bottoms from former owners dropping them. The Clearview investment mags my brother got had no rust but a couple of them had been dropped many times and therefore they are hard to fill to the full 30 rounds because the follower is being stopped by the bent bottom part. I was fully prepared to have to go to work with a pliers on the Centerfire mags but they are in good shape dent wise. One of the has a couple of storage dings but the follower slides right out when is taken it apart.

So to sum it up- the flaw in the mags I got were rust. Some of them have rust in between the mag body and the side plate things; so this may lead to integrity issues years in the future. Im going to spray the heck out of them with this penetrating oil/rust remover stuff I have to try and flush some of it out. Otherwise they are in good shape and should last me for a while.  And you can't beat the price $71 for a dozen mags is a good price. If your looking for high quality display grade mags these are not the ones for you, but they will make excellent range/SHTF mags. sorry about the length guys, I just got on a roll

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#6]
You do not need to be 21 to purchase mags and you do not need to send in an ID.  That's a general disclaimer on the website.  Please call Pam  800-915-3346, she's the Centerfire rep for AR15 members and she'll be happy to take care of you.

Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
[email protected]
800-915-3346
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone had any problems with these Magazines?   If so what type of challenge have you had with them?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Bullseye, after you clean them up real good, drip some Break Free CLP down into the groove where the plate and mag body meet.  CLP "creeps" real good like Kroil oil does.  Keep doing this for a while, don't have to make a mess just drip a drop or two ever now and then and eventaully it will cover the rust underneath and stop it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:54:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I just got 8 mags in from centerfire. 2 were perfect,6 had a few rust spots.Great deal on nice mags!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Several of the mags that I received were very rusted. Looked like they were at the bottom of the barrel, quite literally. Others cleaned up nicely. About 10% had dents so bad that the follower would not allow more them 10 rounds to be loaded. Not bad for the money, but not really described accurately.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got my 4-4 packs from CFS today.  Most all show some rust, although most are not very bad.  I'm new to this, but looking at the how to identify thread I would say all but 3 are Russian.  The feed lips have the marks and there are 2 large spot welds on each side on top.
I think I might try to refinish 2 of the worst one but the rest I'll use as is.  Over all a good deal.
I don't know how to include pictures.  If you want I'll email.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
GOT EM!

just got my four-pack in the mail today and man i am pleased. with this price and the condition, i got a damn good deal. they're all the same types, and from what i can tell with out stick ID thread, they're Russian.

i would post pictures, but they look just like any picture of a 30-rounder you'll find online, with a few dings and scratches. the only real worn parts are the sides of the feed lips, and the floorplates on a few are somewhat dented.

but still, $30 after shipping for them, i made out like a bandit
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You do not need to be 21 to purchase mags and you do not need to send in an ID.  That's a general disclaimer on the website.  Please call Pam  800-915-3346, she's the Centerfire rep for AR15 members and she'll be happy to take care of you.

Lois Luttrell
Centerfire Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
[email protected]
800-915-3346

I appreciate you clarifying this!

Our 4 pack is on the way.. along with a few other things.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:57:48 PM EDT
[#14]
How long is it taking for them to turn around and ship your orders?
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How long is it taking for them to turn around and ship your orders?

8 days til I got mine. I hear they look good (I'm at college, they're at home).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Got my mags today, they are very nice! All but one look unissued. Couple spots of rust here and there on all them, the used one has more then a little rust, but it is still very function. Should clean up nicely.

They are all Romanian with 22 stamped on the spine.

Centerfire did bork the shipping though
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I just got 16 in the mail today and they look pretty good, 3/4 had some rust and one had alot of piting in a few spots but most of them were great with a few scratches.  I'm very happy with what I got.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top