Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:48:26 AM EDT
cabella's has updated their prices on the old stock numbers for 7.62x39 ammo.  now it is about $129.00 for 1000 rounds of wolf fmj or hp.  the soft tip is abou $134.00 each.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#1]
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#2]
DAMN.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#3]
If supply returns to normal that price will come down.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, right- I noticed another consumer commodity that came right down to pre-hurricane levels.
What was it-gasoline and diesel?

As long as the ammo is selling at these levels you will never see the old price points again.
We just have to get used to it. Its still not much more than shooting 9mm anyway.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]
i ended up keeping about 2000 rounds out of the 15000 rounds i ordered.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:23:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Cabela's is out of Wolfe, just checked. They are taking BOs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, right- I noticed another consumer commodity that came right down to pre-hurricane levels.
What was it-gasoline and diesel?

As long as the ammo is selling at these levels you will never see the old price points again.
We just have to get used to it. Its still not much more than shooting 9mm anyway.

Of course ammo is going to cost more, shipping costs are higher because of fuel and the shortage is an excuse for most dealers to gouge us.
I think prices will come down but like gas not all the way down.

I saw piles of 7.62 x 39 in Wolf, Bear, tins of Yugo and even a wooden case of Norinco at a gun show in Houston (actually Pasadena) yesterday.

His prices were great compared to what you guys are reporting.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got my order of 500 in today. It was 73 shipped

Oh and I ordered a week ago so if they are backordering it already then it went pretty damn fast.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#11]

I will wait it out. I remember paying $75 for 1k rounds with two free ammo boxes last summer from Cabelas. I imagine this summer we will see deals like that again. Luckily I have 5,000 saved.

We have had a pretty rough winter this year. Once the weather warms up everywhere it should increase production and make things a little easier to ship. Just make sure you stock up next time.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope so.  Unless they see we are all willing to pay that much and then they'll just leave it.

So, when will they have more ammo.  Last week some jerk-off in the store told me the army was buying all wolf ammo, to keep it out of Iraqi hands..............WTF.  I'm sure he was wrong, but I have heard of the shortage so to speak.  So where can I get some.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Dear GlocksareGood,

Thank you for your interest in Cabela's merchandise.

According to our inventory records, the merchandise in question is currently out of stock.

The tentative arrival date for this particular item to our warehouse is currently unknown.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay might cause you; we are continuously working hard to make this item available for immediate shipment.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again for prompt assistance, thank you.

Have a great day!

Chalee

Got this from them after I requested a status on my order of 1k of the 154gn delivered for $116.    Guess I should not plan on seeing that anytime soon!

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Last week some jerk-off in the store told me the army was buying all wolf ammo, to keep it out of Iraqi hands..............WTF.  I'm sure he was wrong, but I have heard of the shortage so to speak.  So where can I get some.  

That is some funny shit there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I was shopping around for wolf not too long ago. ive tried the following online sites and all of them were out of stock.

ammoman.com
ammunitionstore.com
sportsmansguide.com
cabelas.com
midwayus.com
aimsurplus.com

not even the local gun stores had any stock. I started to get paranoid but found one store that had them and bought 1K FMJ. Although i paid 180 shipped Hopefully everybody is right and prices will either go down or at least stabilize.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#17]
any idea how long the backorders are on cabelas?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I just called 2 minutes ago to Cabelas, and my order of 1000rnds 7.62x39 is backordered by 30 days.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#19]
You guys that get ammo from them post up what it was and when you ordered it.  

Mine was 1k of 154gn for $116 ordered 3/21/06.   On BO with no date
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:26:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought mine from Cabelas on 3/24 and recieved it about 5 days ago.

500 rds 122gr FMJ with the dry box
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope so.  Unless they see we are all willing to pay that much and then they'll just leave it.

So, when will they have more ammo.  Last week some jerk-off in the store told me the army was buying all wolf ammo, to keep it out of Iraqi hands..............WTF.  I'm sure he was wrong, but I have heard of the shortage so to speak.  So where can I get some.  

i heard a similar BS story at TWO local gunshops with a different twist - "the war in Afghanistan is the reason all of our 7.62X39 ammo is hard/impossible to obtain"
. . So when did they change the rules of the Geneva Convention allowing the use of hollow point bullets?

what a bunch of crap! it pisses me off to be BS'd to my face like that
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:09:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i heard a similar BS story at TWO local gunshops with a different twist - "the war in Afghanistan is the reason all of our 7.62X39 ammo is hard/impossible to obtain"
. . So when did they change the rules of the Geneva Convention allowing the use of hollow point bullets?

what a bunch of crap! it pisses me off to be BS'd to my face like that

The Geneva Convention says that hollowpoints can't be used against a "UNIFORMED, IDENTIFIED soldier fighting under a country." (or something like that)

Which means that hollowpoints are fair game against just insurgents, wouldn't be during the early stages of the invasion though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Maybe the gun stores are conspiring to jack up the prices. Or the main distibutor is holding it up. I think I heard the ATF is holding it up in costoms. But I havn't heard about any ammo store burning down and the ATF backing tanks away from the wreck latly so I don't buy it.

But there is something messed up here that's for sure. I like Silver Bear ammo. Is there a shortage of that too? It was about $2 a box last I checked. But its been a while too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe if the ammo is going to Iraq or Afgahnistan, they're only concentrating on producing FMJ now, or as dajini said, you can shoot terrorists with anything you want.

MBR
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:50:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I received mine within a couple days of ordering.  You guys might try this item number, I just checked and it doesn't say out of stock.  This number was posted over in the survival forum.  The ammo wasn't loose in the dry boxes like I'd heard about, it's in Wolf boxes, in sealed bags, in dry boxes.

Order Date: 3/24/2006
Order Status: Shipped

Items Purchased and Details:
This order has been shipped in 1 packages. (View tracking information).

Item Unit Price Qty. Shipping Notes Add'l Shipping Charges Item Total

Wolf 7.62 X 39 122 Gr. FMJ Ammo w/Dry Box 7.62X39 FMJ/1000-BOX
Item number: HF -  215189 $94.99  
1 Standard Express $6.00

Merchandise Total: $94.99
Shipping and Handling Charges: $15.75
Taxes: $0.00
Total Amount: $110.74
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Well that Item # is $124.99 now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I received mine within a couple days of ordering.  You guys might try this item number, I just checked and it doesn't say out of stock.  This number was posted over in the survival forum.  The ammo wasn't loose in the dry boxes like I'd heard about, it's in Wolf boxes, in sealed bags, in dry boxes.

Order Date: 3/24/2006
Order Status: Shipped

Items Purchased and Details:
This order has been shipped in 1 packages. (View tracking information).

Item Unit Price Qty. Shipping Notes Add'l Shipping Charges Item Total

Wolf 7.62 X 39 122 Gr. FMJ Ammo w/Dry Box 7.62X39 FMJ/1000-BOX
Item number: HF -  215189 $94.99  
1 Standard Express $6.00

Merchandise Total: $94.99
Shipping and Handling Charges: $15.75
Taxes: $0.00
Total Amount: $110.74

Yep they have fixed that number.    Damn it was $5 less than my 154gn crap too.

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I just got my case of 1000. They said it was backordered by 30 days, but I got it within 13 days of placing the order, including shipping time. Wohoo!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:02:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent order.  We are very sorry to inform you that we are
unable to immediately fill your entire order and the merchandise listed below
has been placed on backorder.

21-5187   Wolf 7.62 X 39 154 Gr. Soft Point Ammo w/Dry Box 7.62X39 SP/1000-BOX
 Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 04/28/06

If you wish for the item(s) to remain on backorder, you do not need to contact
us.  Should you prefer not to wait, please contact our toll-free order desk at
1-800-237-4444 to cancel the backorder.  For credit card orders, charges are not
made until the item(s) are shipped.

We will do everything we can to get your order to you as quickly as possible.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cabela's Inc. - Customer Relations

Maybe end of April on the 154gn?
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top