Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2006 2:47:43 PM EDT
It looks like for building just 2 or 3 rifles it would be worth just buying the 80% receivers. I figure you would more than make up for the cost by not having to buy the 12 ton press. My question is which to buy, and if I do buy the flats how much more difficult are they to build from than an 80%? Also are there other uses in a build for the 12 ton press? or pretty much just the receiver?---I have had no problems taking bbl's out without the press.----thanks in advance for any info and help
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If your just building 2 or 3 just buy the recs. If you can get a couple of guys to go in for a jig, then do the flats they are easy. The only problem I have is I didn't get the spot welder but my buddy tigs the rails in for me. The press can be used many ways, and you can get them cheap. Try Cummins tool, I picked up a 12 ton for 50 bucks, just needed a little tweaking to tighten it up. Hoped this helped..
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top