Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/24/2006 7:17:04 AM EDT

So I thought aw heck I'll bend my flat... I throw the jig under my VW bus and put a bottle jack under it.  I got my bus 4 inches off the ground and the flat didn't budge.  So much for THAT idea  Going to my buddy's shop tomorrow to use his press to bend my flats.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, the press will work better but the VW makes for a better story.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats why I did it. I figured aw what the hell if it works it'll be a great story... no dice.  VW not heavy enough
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#3]
lol 2 thangs you can do

you can just use c clamps/vise

or you can lower your vw onto the jig
use the rear brake drum as a ram :)
i have pics somewhere of a guy doing it with a honda
it really dosnt take much  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Or you can spend $100 on a press and not drop your car on your head...or use your buddies press
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I bent my first flat with 2 c-clamps, but then I just bought a press after one of the clamps literally shattered sending shrapnel all over my basement.  Now I recommend that if you are going to use c-clamps that you use 3 instead of 2.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top