Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 12:44:50 PM EDT
Anybody got any suggestions for a cushion or something to put on a romanian folding stock.  It gives me a rasberry on my cheek now.  If I don't the cover plate will pop me in the nose.  The ergos of the original stock is better but I'd rather have my folder.  Any suggestions or pics?  
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen some of the water pipe insulation that self seals used
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Take a wire feed welder and spotweld it to your cheeek!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Para cord wrap is the way to go. Looks cool too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Try using one with a kobra, now thats a pain.

It needs something to raise it up about an inch, but I havent been able to think of a good way to do it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
my romy folder kicks like a mule and has terrible cheek weld

why is it still on there?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Tag for a must do. Thanks for the great info.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw a pic here on the AK forum of a guy who had welded a metal plate shpaed like an upside down "J" to the arm of the folder.  

It gave a the profile of a fixed stock where his cheek was, although I don't think the operating handle could be used when it was closed.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been searching for a good way to pad my underfolder stock, and recently decided to try out a similar paracord method to that on the East German-style sidefolders. I'll post some pictures if I can get it to work properly. There's nothing to tie the cord around, but I may be able to work some knot-tying magic to remedy that.

Personally, I'm surprised that there are no aftermarket parts designed to improve cheek weld on AK underfolding and wire folding stocks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Any way to increase the length of pull on one of the Romy sidefolders?  About an inch would be perfect.....

Thanks,

Brad
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#13]
i have seen some 1" rubber military pads that strap onto the back of the romy/eg side folders

i think they were designed for grenade launching?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:43:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:57:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the link RS39!

Brad
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks bro! That's what I did.  I like it better, it's not pillow soft but definitely better and it doesn't alter anything.  

Quoted:
This is what I did to mine: CLICK

www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/31291parawrap_015-med.JPG

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
buzter,

I just got my first underfolder today, but I've shot my buddies' underfolders.  They had the same problem.  I suggested they go to a bicycle shop and buy a cross-member pad.  You know, like the ones they use for BMX racing?  

They snap-on either side of the stock and it provides a nice, soft, cheek weld.  They come in different diameters and lengths.

It's cheap and won't scratch the metal.  When you're done, just un-snap it and pack it with you.  Works really well.  

HTH,

Bud

ETA: Just don't buy one too thick!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:28:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Even with the paracord it's still a little spanky.  I could see rug burn with extended shooting. I'm still looking for other options but, for now this will do.

Quoted:
buzter,

I just got my first underfolder today, but I've shot my buddies' underfolders.  They had the same problem.  I suggested they go to a bicycle shop and buy a cross-member pad.  You know, like the ones they use for BMX racing?  

They snap-on either side of the stock and it provides a nice, soft, cheek weld.  They come in different diameters and lengths.

It's cheap and won't scratch the metal.  When you're done, just un-snap it and pack it with you.  Works really well.  

HTH,

Bud

ETA: Just don't buy one too thick!!

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top