Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2013 6:37:00 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I've purchased my first AK (a Zastava PAP M85 .223) and I plan on SBRing it.  I want to add an ACE sidefolder and was wondering what the best way to attach it is.  I'm unfamiliar with the whole AK trunion thing, so any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
When I had one on a milled sa93 there was an adaptor that bolted to the stocks tang and later there was an internal adaptor reqjiring the tang be cut. The latter shortened the oal.
Your pap have that tang?
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Dbl tap.
Wifis crap tonight
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the pistol version, so there's no tang.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The Pap wouldn't have the tang, it'd be a pistol trunnion.

You could either drill and tap the rear trunnion to accept the ace adapter, or remove the pistol trunnion and install an AK-Builder or ACE rear trunnion.

Option 1 is fairly easy, just make sure there is enough meat on the trunnion to thread it properly.

Option 2 is more involved because the ACE ready trunnions out there are for 1mm receivers, not 1.5.  It requires removing the pistol trunnion, removing .25mm from each side of the new trunnion, then re-riveting.
AK-Builder ACE Adapter
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Or you could commit to the SBR and do this..

.</a>" />

" />
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 5:09:25 PM EDT
[#6]
What stock is that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What stock is that?
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a Bulgarin Side folder. From the AK100 series rifle.

My SLR 106CR. You might get one from KVAR. (stock that is) I am not sure if they sell the mounting addaptor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Look in this post for pistol to SBR stock options.  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_98/147733_AK_pistol_to_SBR_PICS_contest___D_.html The stock is a Russian AK100 series from KVAR. It was around $267.99'ish.  http://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-432R.html   Complete with trunion and al needed parts and hardware. AK builder sales Kvar US made Bulgarian style poly folders for $244.95  and $184.95 for a Tiwan copy of the triangle folder. http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=215 The Poly folder is in my opinion the way to go. It is super slim and folds up snug against the receiver with ZERO Movement. Then when diploid with the push of a button it is as solid as a fixed stock. With the best cheek wield.    

Quoted:

What he said.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What stock is that?

What he said.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#10]
GSD- where does the front hook mount?  On the new PAP pistols the serial number is forward and appears to be exactly where the receiver needs to be cut for the hook to mount.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
GSD- where does the front hook mount?  On the new PAP pistols the serial number is forward and appears to be exactly where the receiver needs to be cut for the hook to mount.  
View Quote

I put it just below the S/N In the middle of ZASTAVA SERBIA. The S/N is untouched. I need to do some touch up finishing work since I have installed the catch.

" />

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
That's good news; I didn't know whether it had to be mounted in a specific location in order to work.  I was figuring I was going to have to use an underfolder.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#13]
It is a perfectly tight lockup when closed. I have never cared for the under folders.  Lots of folks go with the Triangle folder. I like them also. However the ease and speed of deployment along with the comfort and stability place the Poly folder heads and shoulders above the Triangle. One might think the poly is a heavy bulky difference. When it is actually very light and slim.    

Quoted:
That's good news; I didn't know whether it had to be mounted in a specific location in order to work.  I was figuring I was going to have to use an underfolder.
View Quote

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top