Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/8/2003 11:40:47 AM EDT
asked a question on aknutz about if the site still bans people for asking the wrong questions or for questioning a sponser. Posted it, then before I could put it in my comp files for later retrieval, BAM! it's deleted and I'm banned. Funny thing was, I was still able to post replies to the 26 mod posts, but they said that they couldn't be read. I do have that string in my computer. After I logged off, then logged back in, every space where I posted has a BANNED tag, and no reply from me.
                OJF
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess they answered your question.And very promptly.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
whoa.. that is fast, on ak-47.net they banned me in a few days, they wouldn't let me edit my profile, PM people, took the lounge away from me (not like i cared anyway..) and they all accused me of being some fredsandford guy, then they told me i don't need a rifle, bunch of idiots there, and the only one i liked and that helped me out was linx.

*EDIT*  

and they banned me 'cause i was too young..

but then some 13 year old was there, i seen him PMing people and he had an edited profile and talking about his ak.. and nothing happened to him.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 12:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I just checked back in over there, they are really having a time of bashing me. They seem to think I'm kansasfal or something; must be another in their long list of banned troublemakers. I don't get how they can continue banning people at the drop of the hat; sooner or later they will run out of people to ban.
Campy!., boy they hate you  big time, course, they also took a swipe at Jen while bashing me.
The sponsers should demand an audit of their membership rolls; I think they'd find a lot of the "active membership" is bogus, either banned or left freely on their own.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I just talked to a moderator over there, and actually did a search for your user name.  I didn't see any evidence of bashing.  Can you give us a link?

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
asked a question on aknutz about if the site still bans people for asking the wrong questions or for questioning a sponser...                 OJF

You REALLY had to ask?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It's funny how they always think you are working for Jen or Campy.  I like it when Congy talks shit about Kansasfal living in a trailer when old MonkeyBoy has to ride his Curious George bike down to the library to post.  What a bunch of losers.

I have been tempted to post there on numerous occasions, but why bother, I got better shit to do.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just talked to a moderator over there, and actually did a search for your user name.  I didn't see any evidence of bashing.  Can you give us a link?

Red Faction

DotNutz
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Now I see it.....Shit....you got banned for speaking the truth!

We all know that David Thornton covered for Gary Gucciano during the period he ripped off hundreds of members of that board, as well as other gunboards.  He's covering his ass plain and simple.  Hell, even some of the top super moderators and moderators were in on the scheme.  Some had the common sense to bail out shortly thereafter, and leave that board in order to not be implicated in any pending legal action.  They knew what the real deal was and wanted no part of it.  I bet Chris Stowell is laughing his ass off right now, knowing that he sold a legal "bombshell" to Bowhunt.

It's really sad that he did not have the common sense to get out of his business relationship with Gucciano when it became apparent that numerous people began complaining about SAI not producing completed weapons after two to three years.

They always say "The Truth Shall Set You Free" but not in this case....it's only a matter of time.

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't worry too much because you're ten times better off. I still go over there but I don't waste my time with the jerkoff mods anymore because you can't win. They live in fantasy land as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
whoa.. that is fast, on ak-47.net they banned me in a few days, they wouldn't let me edit my profile, PM people, took the lounge away from me (not like i cared anyway..) and they all accused me of being some fredsandford guy, then they told me i don't need a rifle, bunch of idiots there, and the only one i liked and that helped me out was linx.

*EDIT*  

and they banned me 'cause i was too young..

but then some 13 year old was there, i seen him PMing people and he had an edited profile and talking about his ak.. and nothing happened to him.

Don't worry about them because they are hypocrites. What they don't understand is that your age group is the future of everything and they should welcome you to an extent. Granted the lounge should be off limits but everything else should be open to you. Maybe if you never posted a thread about wanting an AK as such a young age, you would still be allowed there. You need to talk with your parents about that and not strangers on the internet especially morons on .net. When I was your age I drooled over SP-89s and full auto UZI's but I couldn't buy anything remotely like that until I reached an age where my financial situation allowed me to do it. Save your money and when you are old enough you won't have to ask anybody for permission.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#14]
well, i am happy now, my parents said i can get it as long as i have enough money, so i'm saving up for an WASR10 or an SAR1 now.

and how long ago was it when you were obsessed with uzis and that?  just curious.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#15]
It was the mid to late 80's.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL...they dont like normal people over there, there was a thread here awhile back(I think it was here LOL) about how long it took to be banned.....I got into an argument with a mod and I was history real quick.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I reregistered as cbtengr and posted again on that thread. This time it was personal! they must be tired of watching for me to post something. it took 63 seconds this time to delet my post and ban me. Is this what the mods do over there? just sit and watch for posts that can be deleted? These guys are really afraid of something to be that paranoid!
               OJF
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:25:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
asked a question on aknutz about if the site still bans people for asking the wrong questions or for questioning a sponser. Posted it, then before I could put it in my comp files for later retrieval, BAM! it's deleted and I'm banned. Funny thing was, I was still able to post replies to the 26 mod posts, but they said that they couldn't be read. I do have that string in my computer. After I logged off, then logged back in, every space where I posted has a BANNED tag, and no reply from me.
                OJF

Wow, I've never met anyone who would piss in their own Wheaties, then eat them.
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:43:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow...I've been posting at both gunsnet and here for a while now and never knew such immense dissention between the two boards existed!!!
I just have fun talking tech I guess. And posting in the hometown forums. But man do there seem to be some really bad blood coursing through many people.
I guess thats what happens when the talk goes to politics, or religion for that matter.
It's sad really, but what do you do? People just tend to 'hate' without reason. Hate is unreasonable come to think about it. But again, what do you do....
guess i better watch my back everywhere I go huh?  Fear sucks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#20]
My only association with that site are the "look and laugh" links provided here.

SOSS. (same ol' sorry shit)
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 6:41:21 AM EDT
[#21]
To the naysayers posting on this thread: I don't hate anybody. Well, maybe 1 or 2, but I know them in real life. I went to dotnutz to see if they would delete my post for asking a simple, straightforward, non threatening , non inflamatory, non flameing question.The answer is yes! They are still afraid of their membership finding out the truth about them. Personally, I find it reprehensible for a web site to operate the way they do. Their sole reason to exist, for the owner/s and moderators, is to fleece money out of the membership's pockets. In order to do that, they delet posts, and ban members, when they start asking the wrong questions. The only reason that Gary Gucciano was able to perpetuate his fraud for 3-4 years, was because Gunsnet banned anyone and everyone who started complaining about his not returning the guns to their owners. Falfiles broke the story about the gooch, and people started finding out the full story on him only then.
gunnysmith: I saw your handle over on gunsnet, trying to get in on the bashing that the mods were attempting to give me; this is from me to YOU! SUCK MY DICK!   fucking troll
                  OJF
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
To the naysayers posting on this thread: I don't hate anybody. Well, maybe 1 or 2, but I know them in real life. I went to dotnutz to see if they would delete my post for asking a simple, straightforward, non threatening , non inflamatory, non flameing question.The answer is yes! They are still afraid of their membership finding out the truth about them. Personally, I find it reprehensible for a web site to operate the way they do. Their sole reason to exist, for the owner/s and moderators, is to fleece money out of the membership's pockets. In order to do that, they delet posts, and ban members, when they start asking the wrong questions. The only reason that Gary Gucciano was able to perpetuate his fraud for 3-4 years, was because Gunsnet banned anyone and everyone who started complaining about his not returning the guns to their owners. Falfiles broke the story about the gooch, and people started finding out the full story on him only then.
gunnysmith: I saw your handle over on gunsnet, trying to get in on the bashing that the mods were attempting to give me; this is from me to YOU! SUCK MY DICK!   fucking troll
                  OJF

Does this mean you don't love me anymore?
I warned you the Wheaties would taste funny, But noooooo You wouldn't listen to me. Got to try it once you Said.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Tried to go over there and look at the "gunnysmith" comments.  Got this when I tried:

"Sorry guests are not allowed to view threads in this forum."

Called my moderator fan and asked him about it.  He said that's a standard tactic of Thornton to hide the activity from the general populace.

Like I said....just forget the board exists and sooner or later they will become irrelevant.

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
                  OJF

Wasn't Bashing Just inquiring, Never bashed anyone or used foul language against any member here or anyone on any board. That kind of language seems childish and immature at best, crude at the least. I never get mad, never let anyone else control my emotions. I can't make anyone mad, that is in your control not mine.
The internet is only so many 001001010101's that's all.
What was said was ment to be funny, laugh or cry your choice.
So from now on don't let me "make you mad" it's a responsibility I do not wish to have.
Please take control of your own emotions, look inward and see if you like the person you are. If you are satisfied with who you are then be happy.    
troll, HMMMMM?????? I'll think about that for a while.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Tried to go over there and look at the "gunnysmith" comments.  Got this when I tried:

"Sorry guests are not allowed to view threads in this forum."

Called my moderator fan and asked him about it.  He said that's a standard tactic of Thornton to hide the activity from the general populace.

Like I said....just forget the board exists and sooner or later they will become irrelevant.

Red Faction

See above:Reply
My "Bashing" of OJF consisted of asking if 45 sec was a record for being banned.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:21:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I would like to know the exact information as to who on the gunsnet board was involved in the SAI scandal.  What did the owners and mods of the board gain from Gary.  Does someone have hard evidence of these allegations?

This is a serious question as I almost sent my rifle to GG to be repaired and before I could the whole mess broke on the scene.

It's a very interesting question I see here and on other boards, but I never see any hard evidence about it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would like to know the exact information as to who on the gunsnet board was involved in the SAI scandal.  What did the owners and mods of the board gain from Gary.  Does someone have hard evidence of these allegations?

This is a serious question as I almost sent my rifle to GG to be repaired and before I could the whole mess broke on the scene.

It's a very interesting question I see here and on other boards, but I never see any hard evidence about it.

Go do a little research.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Where?  Point me in the right direction.  I'm being dead serious about this and the eye rolling thing is not needed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I have done some searching on the net and come up with very little except that Gary has some filings against him by KAG and some stuff about him posting at the AKfiles.

Please expand my knowledge?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Did some searching on this board, but I didn't find anything here either.  Of course gunsnet won't be a wealth of info either.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Did some searching on this board, but I didn't find anything here either.  Of course gunsnet won't be a wealth of info either.  

I lookd too. There is nothing on the KAG site that I can access.
One would have to assume GG-SAI was the only one named in the complaint from consumers. Otherwise rumor rules the day.
sorry I couldn't be more help.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#33]
No replies?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#34]
All this banter and bravado about how the mods of Gunsnet are all ripping off the troops over there and all the nasty stuff.  I have never seen one shred of evidence that the owneners and mods were just as taken in by GG as anyone else.  Infact it looks like they tried to help GG out by trying to reason with him and get him off his ass.  In the end it looks like the owners of Gunsnet used poor judgement in supporting him and praising and that seems to be the only guilt they need share.  

It's a buyer beware world out there.  I sure would like to know if someone has hard eveidence and if they do then why is there not an indicment agaisnt the owners of Gunsnet by the KAG.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Do you think they would knowingly do that?  Sounds sort on tinfoil hat type stuff if you ask me.  Gary did turn out nice rifles at one time from what I can tell, but something happened to hime.  Alcohol, drugs, or some crap like that maybe?   I used to know a guy that painted show cars years ago and he was good, but everytime he got some money for oner of his jobs he would piss around and get drunk until money ran out and then he would scurry around looking for work again

I highly doubt that Gunsnet purposely took Gary into the fold just to attract users to theri board knowing that Gary would never produce rifles down the road sometimne because he decided to go on a bender or the problems with his child caused him to go off the deep end.

It doen't make sense because it's just shooting oneself in the foot.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Do you think they would knowingly do that?  Sounds sort on tinfoil hat type stuff if you ask me.  Gary did turn out nice rifles at one time from what I can tell, but something happened to hime.  Alcohol, drugs, or some crap like that maybe?   I used to know a guy that painted show cars years ago and he was good, but everytime he got some money for oner of his jobs he would piss around and get drunk until money ran out and then he would scurry around looking for work again

I highly doubt that Gunsnet purposely took Gary into the fold just to attract users to theri board knowing that Gary would never produce rifles down the road sometimne because he decided to go on a bender or the problems with his child caused him to go off the deep end.

It doen't make sense because it's just shooting oneself in the foot.

Notice that I'm not "rolling my eyes" now, but laughing my ass off at you.

First, you need to pull your lips off Bowhunt's cock, and then get your ass off of Gary's cock.

You're a fucking troll from the other board.  Get a life, or get the fuck out of here.  No one wants to play you're game dipshit.

Everyone knows about Gucciano, and anyone with half a fucking brain would not support him, or pretend to support him.  Hell, even the dickheads and moderators on the other board have finally owned up and publicly trash him.

What fucking rock did you crawl out from under?

Red Faction
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#41]
That's not very nice Red Faction and I am not trolling nor am I defending anyone.  

In all seriousness I have never seen any conclusive proof that Gunsnet purposefully profited from the GG thing.  No one over there was willing to tell me anything in the past either and I am just curious since I was reading all the threads and came upon it again.  

I seriously am interested to know what happened if anything.

The attitude Red Faction gave me for asking questions makes me seriously think the people over here are no better than the people over there. See how it all equals out?  But, I could care less myself.

I am not near San Antonio either, try southwest Ohio.  

This whole board war stuff is a bunch of crap and if a guy can't be members of both because of some sort of secret oath, then screw it.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Okay I had another thought since some of you guys think I'm a troll.

Here is what I know.

GG built rifles and I remember seeing some pics of nice stuff that he built over in the other forums.  People said he did a nice job and from what I saw he did unless it was outright lies.

He got popular and everyone started sending parts to him.   Then things started to get weird and he had problems with a newborn baby's health or so is the story.  The managemnet over there tried to calm everyone down as people were getting rightfully upset.  From what I saw it looked like the wool was pulled over everyone's eyes.  In the end it was a sad story and everyone got shafted.  That's all I know and now I'm seeing stuff about mods and the owner profitting off of the GG debacle.

I just wanted to know how they proffited, not trolling or anything like that.  Maybe I shouldn't be stirring up crap, but curiosity is getting the best of me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Tufek- Most have treated this issue as roadkill on the information hwy, yet you posted the same series of questions a half  dozen times in a few hours. Few care to type that much when baited.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#45]
It doesn't matter if Gunsnet gained anyting. They helped fuck people over, even if they didn't know they were doing it. And they will not say they are sorry. They will not admit they help SAI in any way. They will not even admit they recommended SAI/Gary and say it was only members giving the recommendation. That is a lie. Gary was recommended for gunsmithing and buying parts/rifles from on at least 4 seperate static Gunsnet webpages, not in forums. These reccomenations did not come down until April 22 2003. Gary probably had 50 KAG complaints at that time. In late 2002 or early 2003, Bowhunt was saying Gary was part of the "gunsnet family". The mods claimed there was never a relationship between SAI and Gunsnet. This is while those webpages where still up recommending Gary.

Check out this post for proof of gunsnet support for SAI.

Proof

Too proud to say sorry.

The real question is "How did SAI become and stay popular when so many people where having issues with him?"
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:42:11 AM EDT
[#46]
T man this is what happened to me in a fast forward post. I posted a recommndation on a AK smith to do some work on a rifle. I gotten several post back from members that SAI was the man. At this time folks was already waiting a year or 2 for the stuff back. I didn't know that. Post like that isn't allowed over there. I was emailed from  a mod that he recommends SAI for my rifle job. I contacted SAI and was told 6 weeks turn around no problem. Took nearly 2 years with the LAW invovled to get my stuff back.. It was MY FAULT for sending it to him. I am the bottome line to blame. BUT when I did a search on the SAI over there no negative post was found.They couldn't be ,they was deleted and the poster either threatened or kicked out . If I would have SAW how MANY PEOPLE was haveing TROUBLE with this JERK ,I would have NEVER sent him my rifle and money. I lost over $200 on this piece of $HIT.My fault, not blameing any individual at all.  But I was emailed a threat from a MOD that If I post negative things about SAI I could be banned . I do believe that they too was lied and tricked. Redstar got taken also. But this is a privately owned board and you will only type what is in the similation program, is why so many got taken instead of a few and the truth would have been out there for alot of people to not send this trailer trash work. While I do agree there needs to be a code of conduct for any and all boards  to hide reports comeing in on problems from a gunsmith is why it got so big and exploded.,Hope Ive helped you understand from someone who got bent over.I didn't get it like some though.He sent back some rifle that he destroyed and some was so bad they would have been dangerous to the shooter to fire. For whats its worth there was a couple of chicken feathers stuck to my rifle.No kiddin, WD.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#47]
mr_milixiplix

Thankyou! I assumed someone in the gun world had some documentation for one to read.

RS39 and others,

My purpose was not to troll at all, but seek truth.  My how you all act as paranoid as the ones you point fingers at.  Check through my old post here at AR15.com and you will find no troll post.  I started no flamefest nor did I post crap like Fredsandford.

Not a very nice way to accept new members into your fold. I have even posted some advice in some of my posts too.

The thing about me living in Texas is really getting on my nerves too.   I live in Ohio in a suburb of Cincinnati.  What more can I say?  I watch FOX19 news at 10 PM?   The Bengals have sucked for 10 years?  Cleveland is the mistake on the lake?  Skyline chilli is much better than Goldstar?  The last one should clue anyone into the fact that I truely from the area.  Oh I know!  Goetta is my favorite breakfast food.  Goetta is a Cincinnati only thing.

I own 2 AK's and I have owned one since 1992 along with many other weapons.  

Maybe I should believe what I hear about this place, that is you guys are paranoid and snobbish.   I try not to prejudge people and places until I experience it for myself.  Now that I am getting this treatment I am making a judgement about my overall experience.  

Thanks to those that have answered my questions and as you can see I have not been nasty to anyone.

Thankyou,
Tufek  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:45:48 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
mr_milixiplix

Thankyou! I assumed someone in the gun world had some documentation for one to read.

RS39 and others,

My purpose was not to troll at all, but seek truth.  My how you all act as paranoid as the ones you point fingers at.  Check through my old post here at AR15.com and you will find no troll post.  I started no flamefest nor did I post crap like Fredsandford.

Not a very nice way to accept new members into your fold. I have even posted some advice in some of my posts too.

The thing about me living in Texas is really getting on my nerves too.   I live in Ohio in a suburb of Cincinnati.  What more can I say?  I watch FOX19 news at 10 PM?   The Bengals have sucked for 10 years?  Cleveland is the mistake on the lake?  Skyline chilli is much better than Goldstar?  The last one should clue anyone into the fact that I truely from the area.  Oh I know!  Goetta is my favorite breakfast food.  Goetta is a Cincinnati only thing.

I own 2 AK's and I have owned one since 1992 along with many other weapons.  

Maybe I should believe what I hear about this place, that is you guys are paranoid and snobbish.   I try not to prejudge people and places until I experience it for myself.  Now that I am getting this treatment I am making a judgement about my overall experience.  

Thanks to those that have answered my questions and as you can see I have not been nasty to anyone.

Thankyou,
Tufek  

Tufek
Don't let these guys get to you,it's the coyote pissing higher on the sagebrush "thing".
It is quite remiss when the arrogance is perceived, and promoted, when so much knowledge can be shared in a more kind and gentler way.
mr_milixiplix
Thanks for a very well presented answer.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:18:19 AM EDT
[#49]
I see a lot of ignorance about this we hate gunsnet thing. Why? because as far as i know threads dissappear after a while and there is no web site holding info. My suggestion is this we should do a time line thread showing when first AK47.net was sold to Dickthorn and then at certain dates place stories about their outrageous behavior. Once it's complete (oh wait it'll never be complete!) once it's up to date we can keep it on a web site or as a thread with alink to that thread readily availble so as to avoid trying  to have to explain to these people (N008$) about those Assholes! t-stox aknet-bannedoholic #3948565
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:30:12 AM EDT
[#50]
I find calling Cleveland the mistake on the lake to be pretty insulting, Mr. Tufek.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top